I came home with kiddos from a BBQ at Preston's office (picts to come soon). I let ceana out to open the garage, only to watch her punch in the code about 5 times and have nothing happen. I got out and when I looked at the pad I realized there were no lights on the pad - it was totally dead - locking us completely out of the house (we always come/go through the garage)
Ceana went through the side gates to check to see if anything was unlocked or windows open - no luck. I looked up and realized that the boys' bathroom window was slightly open - maybe a chance we could get in....
After trying everything we could think of, including prayer for help, I walked across the street to the neighbor's house and asked for his help. I explained to him our situation, and he informed me that the battery to the pad was not something I could just run to Bi-Mart for, it would prob mean a trip to Home Depot or somewhere that sells garage stuff...we would have to go in through the window.
He was very willing to bring his ladder over to help us "break into our own house" as he put it. Sounds like they have had experiences like this of their own. He wouldnt let either of us girls climb on the roof and he was the one who climbed the ladder, and went through the boys' window and through the house to unlock everything from the inside. He also climbed back up there a 2nd time to put the screen back in place for us.
We dont know our neighbors across the street very well, but I was so thankful for his kindness and willingness to lend a hand, and a ladder. I just dont know what we would have done without his help.
Once we got inside, our adventures didnt stop. I tried to open/close the garage from the inside - it would open ok, but I could not get the remote or the pad to respond at all to close it from the outside. Guess we will be coming and going through the front door until we can get things figured out AND leaving a window cracked somewhere so we can be sure to get in again if needed.
Ceana helped me by getting Kels and the little boys into a bath. I soon discovered after their multiple squeals that at least 1/2 the light switches in the upstairs were blown - the light in the hallway wouldnt stay on and the boys' bedroom light was out completely. Half worked (both bathrooms) and half didnt (hallway, bedroom, stairs) Not sure what is up with things, esp since I am pretty sure Preston just replaced lightbulbs recently. It is like the fuses are possibly at fault...I have no clue what to do to help with any of this stuff - so I guess it will have to wait until Preston is back home with us and hopefully he can get everything back in working order.
The little boys screamed every time the light went out in the hallway, and refused to sleep upstairs because they were scared without any lights on. They are both camping in the library for the night.
I think that everyone is finally settled for the night, hoping to get there myself soon. I will be sure to post the picts from the CH2M BBQ soon - the kids had a really great time and I am so glad that we took the time to go down. Will post again soon
No comments:
Post a Comment