OK, so I know I havent posted in quite awhile - I have been extra busy!
We have had unusual weather - including snow, ice, VERY cold temps - so I have had kiddos home all day, every day. That actually has been pretty fun - it has been nice to not have to go anywhere and have a whole day to cook, play, read, sleep, etc. It also has given me the opportunity to take some AMAZING pictures! It has also given me the opportunity to play with my camera ALOT. I have been so proud of myself for taking most of these picts with all of my manual settings. Some of them were in auto mode - I will be researching those in Lightroom to see what camera settings were so I can practice more. I feel I have learned a ton though and it is amazing to see the difference that manual settings can make.
Speaking of Lightroom - my last photography post shared my frustrations about the complicated software programs I am learning. I have actually been impressed with Lightroom as it has helped me keep and fix picts I would have otherwise thrown away. Until I can get everything perfect "in camera" it is helping me to learn about what my camera "sees" and does, because it posts all the specific information captured in a RAW image (which I have also been still playing with) Lightroom does not keep that info for JPG files - but it does still allow me to fix and tweak things better.
I will most likely be posting my favorite winter and still photos on my photo blog ( photomomentsbyrory.blogspot.com) so be sure to keep checking that out. If you are here on the family blog it should show an update on the direct link when I have added new. I will prob be adding alot soon though so you may need to go to the "labels" list to look at them too.
I have felt so much better about my photography - still and nature and landscape is what I do best - things that DONT move (for the most part) - things that I can take with different settings or in different time frames (like sunrises) and get completely different picts. I tried my hand at photographing birds. With the snow the birds have been eating the berries off the tree in our front yard - yesterday I spent about an hour taking picts - some actually are really great - I have never done birds before - it was amazing to watch them and try to capture their antics and beauty - something I will definately try for again.
Anyway - just wanted to mostly give everyone the "heads up" that most of my posts in the next few days will be on the photo blog. I will put some fun stuff here too - the kids decorating our tree was great fun - just watch for LOTS more to be posted soon -k-
No comments:
Post a Comment