I know that Thanksgiving was awhile ago but things have been so busy I havent had a chance to blog our picts. Our family has found that we have a special tweak on the "thanksgiving pie" thing. Making pies has always been a thing that has not thrilled me - I love to eat pie - but I dont love to make them. I also found that my kiddos wouldnt eat them if I did go to the trouble of making them. We always used the leftover pie crust to make cookies. One year we just decided to make cookies and use the fillings for dip vs making the whole pies - hence our own tradition was started.
The kids all really look forward to making cookies together - it is the one time of year where everyone gets to help with a big cooking project. The girls and I made the mousse fillings and then all the kids took turns making the cookies.
Ky esp liked to have his turn, and just like with the muffins, he wanted to do everything himself. He did pretty good with the pastry cutter and Kaeli was on stand-by to help as needed.

Kaeli esp likes working with cookie and bread dough - she loves getting her hands messy and rolling it out. She had a bit of trouble with the pie crust - it is different from bread dough in consistency - and she actually got on the step stool and used everything she had to get it rolled out - and then enlisted my help. She gave it a good go and built some more muscles :)

When it was time to cut out the cookies of course Ky went right for the CARS cutter - it amazes me how many different kinds of cars he likes - doesnt matter what shape or size, if it is a car, that is good enough for him.

I love this pict of Kaeli and Ky - this "helping hands" pict really shows what this tradition represents to our family - sharing, laughing, loving, helping, & creating something that everyone enjoys - the process and the product are full of fun memories.
2 comments:
Okay, girl, you and I are going to get together and make pies. It's one of my favorite things to do, but only because off my crust recipe. It's soooo easy. I'm feeling for Kaeli as she's rolling that dough out. Seriously, let's do it. Maybe we can make a girls' day of it. What do you think?
How cute to see all the little helpers. What fun for everyone.
Post a Comment