Friday, November 14, 2008

SLEEP IS OVERRATED

Ok, so we were lucky enough to get 1 day/night of blissful sleep.....

Last night we were right back to being up most of the night. I got Kels tucked in the swing and she went right to sleep - that was at 9pm - I was still up. I was still up for about 5 hours after that - no matter what I did I could not get my brain to settle down. Finally about 230am I decided I felt tired enough to try to go to sleep - only to have Kels be fussing and completely awake. Apparently she thought she had a nice little nap and was up and running - I was very tired and very grumpy...
I thought I had gotten her settled back down around 330am - but no such luck, and I watched as the clocked ticked off minutes until I realized that Preston's alarm was only a short time from going off (5am).
I think I finally got her settled back in the swing just before 5am - and we both slept until about 7am. 2 HOURS of sleep is not going to be very helpful today.
She is already fussing for a nap - and with Ky still up after sleeping in - I have a feeling that it is going to be one of those days we will be trading off kiddos/sleep again. Could be an interesting day.

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Oh I'm sorry, Rory. I hope you get some kind of reprieve.