Friday, November 14, 2008

MY UNSPECTACULAR QUIRKS

A friend always has the most fun "tag, you're it" games on her blog. I have known her for a very long time and through these fun games I learn more fun things about her all the time. So here are the rules -

Here are the rules: "MY UNSPECTACULAR QUIRKS"
1. Link to the person who tagged you (still figuring out how to do this)
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you. Tag 6 bloggers by linking to them (or tagging them on your blog)
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged

So I guess it is my turn to "tell all" about my quirks....

1) When I wear socks (which is hardly ever) I have to have the seam completely straight over the ends of my toes. If it moves or wrinkles I have to take my shoe off and start over. I just get around this most of the time by just not wearing socks - ever.

2) When I go to bed I have to straighten and fluff all the blankets and sheets "just so". I can't have any wrinkles or edges and I fold all the covers over on top and smooth everything. Preston always teases me about being his "princess" (princess & the pea) - and it really is true - if there is the slightest wrinkle or something is out of place I dont get comfy or sleep at all until it is "fixed".

3) I kill appliances - specifically vacuums & hand mixers. When I say kill, I mean they go down in flames kind of dead. We have recently replaced the vacuum - again ( I think this last one only lasted a year) and we have given up on buying hand mixers and have gone to the big counter-sized mixer instead (so far it has been safe from my brutality)

4) When I get over tired I laugh - hysterically - the tears rolling down your face, wet your pants kind of hysterical - and it wont even really matter what was said. If Preston or someone sets me off it doesnt take much to completely get to me without saying much of anything. Ask Preston, he is proud of the fact there is still a phrase from when we were first married (which really isnt all that funny) that will still set me off after all these years

5) When I sit down -just about anywhere - I always tuck my left foot underneath me. This is making for some challenging circumstances as I have gotten older and my body protests being curled up. More often than not I end up having the girls come and help me "unfold" myself because my knee decides it is perfectly content to stay in that position.

6) When I clean the bathroom I ALWAYS forget to hang new towels. More often than not I have left Preston having to walk to the linen closet dripping wet to retrieve one. I am trying to be more conscious of it and Preston is learning to make sure he has a towel BEFORE he gets wet :)

Ok, now it is your turn! I tag Preston, Ceana, Brittney, Kenna, Lish

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

All this just makes you so cute!