We got off to a great start with Preston and the big girls tag-teaming the little ones in getting all the AM jobs done and helped make a hot breakfast. We also got a good start on homework.
Then, much to our surprise, we got a visit from Preston's sister who lives in Albany. She came bearing MANY gifts and played and talked with the kids. She also quietly did dishes and laundry. She was a super auntie when she bounced up from the table and announced that she would help the little kids whip out deviled eggs (Colton had asked for them since we missed them at Thanxgiving, but I knew I was more tired than could do it all at once). They had a total blast and I got some good picts of their fun. This one is of Kari's special trick that she taught the kids.
Our other surprises that arrived today were an amazing dinner that was unexpected. My visiting teacher has been working extra hard to make sure we are well taken care of. We werent planning on anything for today, but it arrived from a sweet sister in the ward anyway. We also had a sweet older couple in our ward deliver a beautiful Christmas Poinsettia. I made sure it went up high away from kids and dogs, but where we could all enjoy its blazing color. We had other cards and gifts and things also arrive today. I dont think I have ever had such a flood of meals, gifts, cards, and flowers in my whole life - not even when the kids arrived :) The love that is pouring from our ward is miraculous to say the very least. We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful people surrounding us and caring for and about us.
After Kari needed to go, we tried for a little rest time, but everyone was still too geared up. Colton ended up sitting with me and cranking out 2 of his courses for the whole week through next Tues! Ky is also almost completely done with this week's lessons already. It helps me tons to know that we can crank things out ahead with the boys. Esp knowing that next week the little ones will be bustling about at playdates because I will be too sick to care for them. It will be nice to know we wont have to worry about school things and they can just play and enjoy their playdates.
Most amazing to me is that I have been up and about nearly the WHOLE day. Not sure what that will mean for tomorrow, but for today, it has been amazing. It is my first good day in many weeks. It felt wonderful to be able to help the little ones and spend extra time with each of them. (I was feeling extra sad that little ones didnt get much one-on-one time during the long break because I was still down most of the time)
Kids are now back from karate, big kids are working on some more homework, and I think little ones are mostly down for the night. Hoping to get there soon too. Just really thrilled with such a productive day.
Just a PS - poor Preston has apparently come down with a nasty cold, as have several good friends in the ward. Please send hugs and prayers his way so he will feel better soon. Thanx tons to everyone!
2 comments:
Yeah!
thank you for the smile on my face just to feel the upbeat of this post its good very good. Love to Preston.
Post a Comment