Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rory Medical Update #2

Hi there, it's me, again....
I just got a phone call from the dr office with all the rest of the big procedures in place - all crammed into the next TWO days...

I am scheduled for the pre-op (port placement) surgical procedure tomorrow AM. I have to be at the hospital 7am (30 min drive away). The procedure is supposed to be a couple of hours. I am then also scheduled for a heart echocardiogram in the afternoon. I will be away from home all day tomorrow, and then resting/recovering for the remainder of the day in accordance with requirements for PETscan on Friday.

Friday AM I am scheduled for 3 big procedures back-to-back - focused ultrasound, another in-office pre-op procedure, and a huge test called a PETscan. I have heard it is going to be a monster test thing. Hoping to gain more info from our good friend who is an RN. Having all the info I can will help me better prep. Again, I will be away from home the entire day, and hopefully resting once home.

Poor Preston is supposed to travel for work, and again, he will instead be with me. I love him dearly for being willing to be with me, but worry that work stuff is being compromised...
I am also at a loss today as to finding childcare for 3 little peeps so big kids can still keep working on school. This is going to be our biggest challenge, I think. The big kids cant lose their school time so they can stay on track. Finding non-stop care for little ones may become a great burden to others through these many months...Hoping we will be able to find the care and help, and patience we will need....

That is all for now. I will be sure that Preston posts here over the next couple of days to keep everyone updated on my progress.

Preston Update:
This morning's call from Rory: "So, are you ready to have your world turned upside-down? They scheduled me for surgery tomorrow."

OK so a few details got left out of that initial announcement. I of course thought she meant the doctors decided to schedule a double mastectomy, lobotomy, organoscopy lots of other nasty stuff that just jumped into my head. After making her back up, slow down, and give me some details it came out that she's scheduled to get the permanent "port" installed tomorrow.

Whew!

2 comments:

humming fun said...

I am so glad that things are moving right along for you. It has got to be very overwhelming. Lets have ice cream when it's all over and we have hair again.

Ringleader said...

I'm thinking things might "get real" for me tomorrow when Rory goes in for the first of a long string of procedures ...