I guess it started last night, when she and the girls had a GREAT time at a girls-only party. Before bed she took the night-time anti-nausea med - phenegran - but now we know that has to be taken MUCH earlier. Even if she wanted to, she wouldn't have been able to attend church this morning because that stuff pretty much kept her "drugged out" all morning and beyond. We're hoping that taking only half a pill tonight will give her a better chance at being somewhat coherent tomorrow.
She was able to wake up enough to take the Zofran when the nausea resurfaced, but between being super tired and having upset tummy and probably the beginnings of her taste buds changing, she wasn't able to each much. Even her favorite Chinese food was yucky. Applesauce? Nope. Scrambled egg and bacon? Blech. Maybe with a bit more energy she will be able to experiment a bit more to find something she can tolerate. Gonna need to recharge the batteries to help her body keep up the fight.
Speaking up keeping up a fight, for some reason Kylan chose tonight to go completely anti-"black belt behavior" and is still sitting at the table in front of his dinner. I know Rory won't like reading this, but I'm pretty determined for him to ultimately make the right decision. I think (I hope) he's getting closer, because I am REALLY tired myself. {Update ... he is now eating. Yay!}
Friends and neighbors continue rallying around us. The little ones will go visit a dear sister in the ward so the older ones can get some homework time in. Visiting teachers checked in with me, and after hearing some of the struggles we have additional meals on the schedule. Offers for childcare, homecare, and just about every other kind of care keep pouring in. I'm not very good at expressing my appreciation; Rory has always been MUCH better at that and I'm pretty sure she will spend the rest of her life working to repay the kindness shown to us. I will, too.
3 comments:
Nice to have an update. It was also very nice to talk with her yesterday.
I'm not sure if I'm doing Rory any good by my call's and txt but she is helping me. Preston and the kids we at the Carter home are praying for all of you.
Hope all the bumps get worked out. Lots to adjust to right now. Just a little sidenote...when my mom was battling cancer, a friend would bring her homemade ice cream. It was something my mom would eat. Just a thought. Maybe worth a try.
I had to laugh when I read about the nausea medicine. It brought back memories of Shaun being out for days. At first when Shaun took phenergan it did the same, even a half dose knocked him out. However, he handles it so much now. Yet he still tries to only use when he is home and zofran when he is away form home.
As for Rory and the food. That is really the hard thing. When you feel so sick, nothing sounds good. Hopefully you will find something that will work well soon. Hopefully the nausea is short lived each time. And thankfully this will not last forever.
Post a Comment