Welcome to the Baxter Family Circus Blog! We are a family running a non-stop three ring adventure, and we are learning and experiencing new things every day. We post all our fun family adventures (and misadventures) to share, but mostly to keep our family journaling going strong. Our life is one big circus, and we are learning to tame and balance life one act and one adventure at a time!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Potty Happy Dance
Kels took a long nap today. When she woke up she asked me to change her diaper. About 2 minutes after I did, she came in to tell me she needed me to change her again, holding her bottom. I have finally figured out this is her cue that she knows she is going to poop. I hurried and stripped her down and plopped her on the potty, along with a bucket of books and a snack. She sat there contentedly long enough that I just left her. When she told Kaeli she wanted to get down, I told her to go ahead, worried that Kels still hadnt gone potty. Imagine my surprise when Kaeli informed me that she HAD used the potty! We all started doing what we have named our "potty happy dance" (never did it with the big kids but it sure works for Ky & Kels) After we got her off and dressed in a diaper, Kaeli rewarded her with her potty treat - a yummy cookie (again something we have only used with Ky)
She was SO excited that she had gone potty, and so were we. She proudly showed off her cookie and continued her happy dance. Gotta love that we may actually be getting close to being done with diapers forever. I wondered, knowing she is doing everything Ky is doing, if him finally learning to use the potty would get her going that direction too. It really may have been a fluke today, but we'll take it, and hope that we are on the road to seeing a pay raise in the family budget!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm doing the "happy potty dance" for her while reading this here at work.
Post a Comment