Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ky & Kels Bday Party

Our friend Elizabeth is totally amazing with cakes and cupcakes. My health has been pretty crummy for a long time, not letting me do things I have been able to do in the past. She has been our angel to make special cakes for the kids so they still have a homemade, fun cake just for them. Her gifts and talents in this area are just mind blowing. Her cakes are always hand done, and so detailed. And so very extra YUMMY! Her cakes are so moist, and sweet, and perfect!
What was even more fun was that when she brought the cake to the party and I saw it, it was the exact picture I had in my mind for her cake. I had never said a thing to Elizabeth about pict ideas. It was just wonderful! Thank you Elizabeth for sharing your wonderful gifts with us!

Kels was THRILLED with her Tinkbell cake. She was just all full of giggles and excitement about her party, but esp about her cake. She has been talking about it non-stop.

Ky decided that he wanted a "lightning" cake. When Colton turned 5 we did a CARS cut-out cake for him. It was shaped as a #5, and we built the racetrack on it. We were going to go for another try at that, but kept running into snags. Kaeli really wanted to do Ky's cake, so I just gave her free reign. She is so artistic in so many ways! She did the racetrack by hand and then filled in all around it. She used Gma Miller's brownie recipe, Gma Afton's frosting recipe, and a whole lot of extras. One of the extras included hand washing all of the CARS Ky wanted on his cake. I came home to this darling pict of all the CARS drying on the countertop. A fun, cute memory.

It was so much fun to just take TONS of picts of Ky's cake.

So many different angles and ways to take picts!




I cant wait to get all these scrapped for Ky so he will have them to look at all the time.



Ky was SO happy and excited about his cake. Spent several minutes pointing to all of the CARS characters and telling me about them. Kaeli did an amazing job, and we are all so proud of her for all of her hard work!

No comments: