Friday, May 20, 2011

Little Bits of Humor

Since I cant re-figure out how to post things to our "kids speak" tab, I want to post some things here before we forget them...

This has been an interesting week of things coming from little people and big people in our house. Hope you get as many laughs as we did!

Kels: "Mom, I am hungry, you need to make a DINNER plan" (this is our key phrase lately which usually results in pancakes, cereal, toast, or spaghetti. She would have been happy with any or all of those for breakfast)

Ky: (riding in the car with a friend) "Ew, what is that smell? It's John. John smells like green beans." Ky is NOT fond of green beans...

Ky: (him and me driving home from his karate class) "Mom, you can come to my birthday party, you are invited." Uh, thanx bud....good thing since we hosted it :)

Kels: (getting in the car yesterday AM, we heard a fire engine siren)
Kels: "Coyote!" (totally straight face, with head tilted and ears listening)
Me: WHAT!!!??? (eyes staring wide at this child and wondering where this girl came from)
Kels: "Coyote!" (with a look at me that said "duh!")
Me: "That is not a coyote, that is a fire engine!" (now laughing right out loud)
Kels: "fire engine" (totally straight faced, she shrugged her shoulders and got in the car)
What in the world? Thanx Diego.....Glad she is learning something from Nick Jr....

Interesting conversation between me/big girls, all of us who are extra, extra tired today, which always results in hysterical laughter and tears. We were sitting on the couch eating CHINESE food -

Kaeli: (in her best brogue, eating fried rice) "Mom, do Scottish men eat rice?
Me: "No, they eat Haggis!"
Kaeli: "What is Haggis?"
Me: (already laughing hysterically) "Do you really want to know?"
Ceana: "Do I WANT to know?
Me: "Sheep scrotum!" (now laughing so hard I have tears running down my face)
Ceana: (with her hands over her face) "Eww, gross! I probably should have said no, but you told me anyway."
Me: (laughing so hard I can hardly stand it) "Scottish men eat Haggis in KILTS!"
Ceana/Kaeli: (now also laughing hysterically, probably more at me than at our chat)
Ceana: "Eeewww! I am scarred for life!"
Kaeli: (in her very best, hard accent brogue) "Scottish men eat Haggis in KILTS!" (which made me laugh even harder, she nailed the accent right on!)

(OK, so I got my sheep parts mixed up - Haggis is actually sheep's lung, heart and liver - which BTW is actually banned in the US - and "Rocky Mountain Oysters" are the other part mentioned above, which BTW, you can find served in restaurants right in Portland! That's what I get for watching the Food Channel when it is way too late at night, and watching unusual shows about eating everything and anything) Just when you thought you knew everything about sheep huh? :)

Now Kaeli is saying the word Haggis, just to make me laugh. I am WAY overtired.
Kaeli: "HAGGIS!"
Ceana: "That is like a cuss word! Gross!" (Which made me laugh even harder)
Kaeli: (to Caiden who is wondering why all of us girls are in hysterics at the moment), pulled out an awesome movie quote from Disney's ATLANTIS that nailed it right on! (those of you who know us well, know we love pulling random movie quotes into conversations) Sweet to Milo: "Trust me on this one, you dont wanna know. Audrey, dont tell him, you shouldnt have told me, but you did, and now I'm telling you, you dont wanna know!" Works perfectly with the conversation between Ceana and Caiden!

Kels: "Mom, you need me."
Me: "What do I need you for?"
Kels: (arms held up to me) "You need to hold me."
Well...ok, cant resist that one...just make sure to not tell Dr Drew I lifted her to hold her...we sat in the chair with her snuggling and then we played "cat fight" with our extra long PJ sleeves over our hands with her giggling the whole time and giving Kaeli smug looks over my shoulder. Cant resist special little moments like these, esp after what a rough day all of us have had....

Hopefully all of us can actually get to bed on time tonight (which is highly improbable since Ky/Kels decided to finally crash late after all of their hysterics this afternoon) and we can hope that tomorrow will be more calm...

Thank goodness for little people who still help us find a reason to laugh amid all the the chaos that seems to reign these days....laughter is good for the soul.

No comments: