I felt so bad for him, and knowing the severe allergies that run in Preston's family, started checking Colton for breathing concerns, excessive swelling, etc. Thankfully, other than the stings, he seemed to be ok. It was all I could do to get him to lay down so I could help him. We started going through Kaeli's wallet looking for very old pennies. For any who dont know, the original, all copper pennies react to the venom in bee stings and somehow neutralize it. Kaeli found some and held them on Colton's shoulders while I made a baking soda paste.
We got that on and got him mostly settled - until we tried to go back outside. He went into complete hysterics again. There was no way whatsoever that he was going back outside. The whole experience really threw him, esp that he is already my extra sensitive one, and my emotional one. His special needs seem to heighten every experience he has. This did so in a very negative way. I had to talk with him to calm him, promising that he would be safe and that I wouldnt let anything happen to him. I finally got him to come outside with me and sit on my lap for just a few minutes. Ever since then, he has jumped at every little thing that brushes past him, flips out over every single bug, even the ones that he usually enjoys and knows cant hurt him. I think it is going to be a very long time before he will settle down. It could be a really challenging Summer....
On a good note, his karate instructor gave him THREE red stars for courage. Normally, the kids will get 1 for showing valor or courage outside of class. Apparently his instructor dislikes bees and such so badly (maybe personal experiences) that he was really empathizing with Colton and gave him extra rewards for being courageous for going back outside after everything happened. Colton was very happy and proud.
1 comment:
I didn't know about the penny thing. Thank you for sharing that. Poor kid!
Post a Comment