We were able to get everything all figured out and Ceana was allowed to take her driving test. She did really well with just a few minor mistakes. She was praised by her driving instructor and given extra help to answer and understand the questions that she had missed, and was encouraged to return the following day to try the written test again.
She was disappointed, but really did well considering all the misadventures.
I took her again the following morning and waited while she re-took the written exam. I was working on some things when I overheard the same driving instructor say "yea, yea, yea!" and I turned around to see Ceana beaming. She had passed! She finished up the paperwork, and got her pict taken (our friend calls it joining the "DMV picts are evil" club :)) Ceana was great at saying thank you to everyone in the office who had helped, and esp the driving instructor. She had gone out of her way to help ceana and to help her stay positive. Ceana is really awesome at sincerely showing her gratitude to others.
When we left, we made a spontaneous stop at McD's for breakfast since neither of us had eaten that morning.I am continuing to love my new phone, if for nothing else but to capture little moments like this. Ceana was so cute about us having a special breakfast just for the 2 of us. I hope that I will be able to find time for me to do things like this more often with each of the kids.
She was so happy and proud to have her license.
Today I had a giggling girl come to me in the kitchen, ready to go to her friend's house. She could barely get the words out without laughing..."mom, can I borrow the car?" - then she was laughing hysterically at herself and now being in that position to do what she has heard others say, or heard in the words of a song. Of course, being the mom, I am completely NOT doing ok with this. I followed her out to the driveway to capture this special moment of her being in the driver's seat, and no one else in the beast with her...it is a very momentous occasion!
No comments:
Post a Comment