Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ky & Kels Bday Party II

I think this is the first year that Kels has really known what was going on and what a birthday is. It was so fun to see her so excited about it.
She really got the hang of ripping all the paper. She knows exactly what presents are!

This book was absolutely perfect for her. She LOVES Tinkbell still, and this was a great addition to her little bedroom library.

It was fun to watch her enjoy her cake. She has been asking every day for weeks about her Tinkbell cake. She told everyone she could, even the missionaries who came for dinner, that Elizabeth was making her special Tinkbell cake for her birthday! She couldnt wait to dig in!

Ky had fun blowing out his candles, and then watching them melt and run down onto the cake. He thought that was the most hysterical thing.

Kaeli bought this hat for him months ago. She has hardly been able to stand it to wait for him to be able to open it. I think she, and all of us, were waiting to see what his reaction would be. He didnt disappoint - and had everyone in stitches of laughter. He knew what it was. The first thing out of his mouth was "I threw this in the garbage at Disneyland! Dad squashed it flat as a pancake and I threw it away!" That was MONTHS ago, and yet the memory was still just as fresh as if it had happened yesterday. I think kaeli was more than pleased that she had gotten it for him. I wish we would have had a video camera to capture all of the adults in hysterics as he continued to chatter about his hat that he had thrown away!

Christy knows Ky well. She just got it perfect by giving him lots of fun stuff with CARS stuff one it, even including a new pair of sunglasses and band-aids!

This awesome gift was from another friend. A big, oversized beach towel with CARS on it too. You can tell Ky REALLY likes it. Kels thinks hers is another blankie. It has been on her bed with her other Tinkbell blankies since we brought it home. Funny kid....

Ky thought he was big stuff that I let him have a piece of EACH cake. He made sure he had lots. Birthdays are the one day that I relax with the treats a bit. You only get to enjoy birthday cake 1x/year!

No comments: