Saturday, September 11, 2010

Award Winning Photos III

Submitting stuff to the fair was VERY stressful for me. Most of it came from being totally clueless about what I was doing. Thankfully I had Ceana there with me to help out, and we were shown great kindness by staff and others who helped us make sure we had everything ready to go on time.
I submitted 10 images, all in different categories. All were my FAVES from the last couple of years - what I considered to be my very best work. Funny that as we discovered what images won the awards, some of them were just very puzzling. I had most of my images not win anything at all (though I was expecting none of my work to win after what we went through to even enter them)even though I know it was some of my very best work. I was also very surprised to find that the ribbons that I did win were all first place. This year I entered the amatuer level, because most of what I submitted was my "fine art" which I have not taken money for (yet) Next year if I enter again, I will have to enter everything in the "professional" division. That division was VERY small this year I noticed, so maybe I have a good chance. Will just have to see if I can get my fine art line up off the ground first...
I really was so pleased to see that my work did win. Along with winning the front cover of our area phone book, I would say that it has been a pretty successful year. Hoping that next year will be even better!

This was taken across the back fences of the houses in our neighborhood during one of our big storms last year. Turning it to B&W made it even better.
This was my ultimate FAVE from Kels' 18 month shoot. I was very excited to know that it was good enough to win
I won a 1st place ribbon for the "collection" category with these images I got of my friend's baby. It isnt the best pict (the lighting in the building was yuck) but I love that it shows off all the fun we had taking picts of her. Some of my best newborn stuff

Kaeli INSISTED that I had my pict taken too since I had taken the girls' picts. I guess it is good for them to see me in picts, but I sure like being behind the camera better...

1 comment:

Keenan Seable said...

Wow, congratulations to you all! That's just awesome that all of you who participated won something! The pictures look great!