Thursday- I will try to keep it kinda short. Today was one of the first days that we had to wear sunday dress for the whole day.
Savannah and I gave the morning devotional, and it was on being and example of the believers in faith. We taught about faith, and what it is, and how to strengthen your faith. We had fun giving it. Mosiah 3:17 and Moroni 7:26 (Book of Mormon) for all who want it.
We had breakfast and then went outside to have our counselor devotional. Jason talked about what we need to do to study the scriptures, and that helped me a lot. That is the day that I really got the desire to read my scriptures. It really helps you be happier.
After that, the next thing that I remember was the Variety show. Wow. The variety show was so cool! One of the guys from our company played the piano and sang at the same time. I don't remember what the song was called. It was an awesome song, though. He is very talented. There was a handful of people who sang, and a couple of girls danced. Two of the other companies did skits, that were pretty funny. One of the skits was about peanut butter, and it was hilarious! There was a guy who played the maple leaf rag, without music! It was pretty sweet!
After the variety show, we went to another musical party, and this time it was a rehearsal. We were going onstage and singing tonight! We went through the whole program twice, and that meant a lot of standing. I felt sorry for the people in heels! Anyway, we talked about how to stand, and how to breathe, and to SMILE! It was good.
We had dinner, then had to go back early to get ready for the spiritual program. We talked about singing, and the reverence that we should show, and how everyone was going to come in silently. It was going to be very spiritual. And it was. After everyone was there, we started the program off with our songs. We had solos, and little things to read in between. Bro Smith was the big speaker tonight. He talked about a number of things. He talked about all of the things we have been learning about this week, he combined everything together. The scripture for this year is 1 Timothy 4:12, which reads "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." He talked about all these things, and that we should apply them to our lives. One of the things he said was that the temple is a little bit of heaven, where we can escape the world. And then I had this thought: if you go to downtown Salt Lake City, you can't really see the temple until you are actually in Temple Square. It is blocked by big buildings. Buildings taller than the temple. It kind of gives me a weird feeling. It makes the temple seem so small and insignificant. All around it, the world is changing, and going on, but inside the temple it is calm and peaceful, and you kind of forget about the world. Heavenly Father is there, and you can feel the Spirit. It is a kind of haven that I wish the whole world could experience. Well, they can, but they can't just walk in. It is one of the most amazing places you could be. I am so glad we have temples. It was very spiritual, and we came and went silently. We went back to our dorms, had a small devotional by Kristen, and then we talked about that night a little bit. I laid in bed that night and thought about all that I had heard and learned about. I fell asleep feeling comforted.
Happy Sammich
I miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment