Friday, April 20, 2012

Showered With Flowers


 Today I came home from an outing to find beautiful flowers sitting on the countertop. This last week, especially, has been one filled with the gift of flowers from so many people. It is really amazing what flowers can do to brighten a room, and especially to brighten a heart. It seems that flowers have arrived on days when I have felt as gray and sad as the weather outside. They have brought smiles and the love and friendship from so many others.

Thank you to all who have been so very thoughtful and who have brightened my day and my heart with your wonderful, beautiful gifts.

Beautiful, brightly colored bouquet from my sis-in-law in England. They arrived on day of MRI that was extra rough. Couldnt have been more perfect timing!

Beautiful, soft colored bouquet from my BaxterClanGals. They have arrived to lighten our heavy hearts from the news of having to go through even more difficult surgery and recovery very soon

Home-grown, hand-picked bouquet from a dear sister in the ward who is also extended family. Her gift of flowers (and homemade choc chip cookies for the kids) and her time, was a wonderful blessing yesterday just hours after our news of upcoming difficult surgery.

Wonderful, bright, cheery bouquet in my very favorite color! Never knew there were so many shades and kinds of purple flowers. These arrived at the hospital last weekend @ surgery #2 with love from dear ward friends. Means so much to know that we were being thought about by so many others on a day that ended up being extra rough.

These amazing home-grown tulips also arrived last weekend from a family in the ward. They have been a wonderful addition to our room and having them right there by my bed was extra good medicine!

These beautiful roses were sent from my youngest sis-in-law when I was first diagnosed with cancer, but I had to share them again. I remember we were so enthralled by their exquisite color, and it is wonderful to have some of them still hanging in my kitchen to remember the love that came with them.

Preston's parents have sent flowers several times. This Fall colored arrangement arrived in November. I was amazed to watch many of the flowers start to dry within the arrangement. It was wonderful to have so many I knew I would get to keep long after November had come and gone. I have tried to take flowers from each bouquet (that included flowers that could be dried) and have them hanging in my kitchen. So many have arrived that I am going to have to find another place to keep hanging them. Oh, to be "burdened" with such a wonderful task :) Everyone should be so blessed!

A strikingly beautiful poinsettia arrived for Christmas from an older couple in our ward. These picts and the sweet memory of their gift means even more now that we will be losing the sweet sister who was so thoughtful of me even in the midst of her own health challenges.


A great big, heart-felt THANK YOU goes out to all who have sent flowers and other cards and gifts to let us know that you are thinking about me/our family. They have often come on those days that I have needed them most. We have been blessed in so many way over these last difficult months because of your friendship and love for us. We would never have been able to get through this without you! Thank you so very much!

No comments: