Friday, April 20, 2012

40 Things

Today is Preston's birthday. I have tried to think of what I could do to tell him how much I love him on this extra special day. Here is what I came up with: 40 things of why he is my dearest love, my darling, my best friend, my everything. The list could be MUCH longer, but in honor of this extra special birthday, I thought 40 things would be a good start.

Happy Birthday, my love, I hope it is a wonderful day.


1- He is PATIENT

2- He is Thoughtful

3- He loves, gives, serves with whole heart

4- He works so extra hard to care for me/kids

5- He is compassionate

6- He is tender

7- He can make me laugh, even on my worst days

8- He holds me when I cry

9- He supports all my attempts at developing personal talents

10- Never denies me anything

11- He is SO smart and wise

12- He is a daddy and not just a father

13- He stands over my shoulder and instantly fixes things

14- He is willing and patient to teach me the same thing over and over (usually techy stuff)

15- He always has a positive attitude and outlook

16- He often sacrifices his own needs for me/kids

17- He fulfills his callings with his whole heart

18- He still thinks I'm beautiful

19 -He misses me when he has to be away

20- He tells me I am his "lovey"

21- He is always willing to help the kids with school work, esp the hard stuff

22- He takes special time with each of the kids whenever he can

23- He has been so gentle with me on those days when I have had to rely on him for every basic life skill

24- He still calls me sweetheart

25- He still puts up with me when I am grumpy

26- He reminds me to listen to my heart

27- He is a miracle worker with hearth and home

28- He pats backs, refills gatorade cups, and endlessly cleans up for sick kids and keeps a solid sense of humor

29- He still desperately hates to leave me

30- He has an extra tender heart

31- He is not afraid to cry when the situation deems it necessary

32- He has awesome ideas

33- He stays calm & rational when I am not

34- He reminds me of what is really important

35- He is the expert travel agent

36- He leaves work at a moment’s notice to be with me @ Dr. appts

37- He is still a child at heart

38- He is always sincerely excited about my/the kids’ accomplishments

39- He is an amazing, talented musician in MANY areas

40- He can tell jokes and sing silly songs that make me and the kids hysterical with belly laughs

1 comment:

Jill Tharp said...

just saying.....I cried when I read this and agree wholeheartedly!!!