Welcome to the Baxter Family Circus Blog! We are a family running a non-stop three ring adventure, and we are learning and experiencing new things every day. We post all our fun family adventures (and misadventures) to share, but mostly to keep our family journaling going strong. Our life is one big circus, and we are learning to tame and balance life one act and one adventure at a time!
Monday, December 27, 2010
Baxter Family Christmas II
I was ecstatic at the reaction Ky had to his new book. I was so glad that I was able to find it for him. A couple of months ago, his primary teacher (who is also his preschool teacher) gave each of the kids a little stuffed, yellow duckling, when she knew she wasnt going to be their teacher anymore. She read this book and sang with the kids every week. When Ky got his little duckling he was so excited, and it has resided on his bed (only his extra special things are there) ever since. I realized then that it was extra special to him, and when I found out about the book, I knew it would be the perfect thing for Christmas - and I was happy to be right.
Here is my happy boy with his book. He was so excited that we just had to take it to church with us. His primary teacher was there this week with her husband since both were speaking in our ward. When he found out she was there, he grabbed his book and ran out to see her in the foyer. It was fun to watch him show off his new book and for them to share that moment together. She has been so special to Ky and we are so blessed that even though they have moved that she will still be his preschool teacher. Ky has done so well with her, it is wonderful to me that he has made such a special bond with her at church and for school.
A big hit for Ky this year was a musical book from my grandmother. It had disney characters on it, and plays tons of Christmas songs. Ky sang and danced to that thing like there was no tomorrow, it was pretty funny. It was fun to see him esp excited about things this year - we got some great reactions and it was great to see him enjoy everything so much.
Photo courtesy of Kaeli :)
I got a couple of extra fun surprises this year. Preston bought me a photography vest - a coolio thing with tons of pockets so I can keep all my "extras" right on me, and not have to always worry about holding onto or setting down a camera bag. Kaeli surprised me with this nativity set. It is a Willow Tree set, and so beautiful. We usually get a new one to add each year, but didnt have the $ to splurge this year. It was such a thoughtful gift from Kaeli, and I think I may be finding a permanent place for it with some others in the dining room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment