Monday, August 18, 2008

RAINY DAY BEAUTY

We have had such unusual weather in the last few days - 100+ degrees, HUGE thunder & lightning storm with hail, and today the temperature has significantly dropped and it is pouring rain. Though the rain put a damper on our outdoor afternoon plans it gave me an amazing photo opportunity. We have one plant (it reminds me of something we have seen in Hawaii) that we are still waiting to see it to bloom - but the leaves are amazing. Today the rain drops just sat on the giant leaves and I discovered that other plants and flowers were also holding the rain. I was amazed at the beauty and tried hard to capture it. I am still learning but I think these picts turned out well and are my favorites.





4 comments:

momoftwoboys said...

Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Denise G said...

great photos. I also love the family photos on the side. Who took those? They did a great job too.

Brittney said...

These are great Rory! And the pic of you and Preston is really nice!

Kim said...

Cool pictures love the flowers. Good job.