As many of you know Preston and I will be participating in the Pocatello Marathon tomorrow. We both realize we are out of our minds but at the same time we are looking forward to this once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
We drove straight through yesterday - with little boys fussing just about the whole way - and arrived here late last night. I think we finally had everyone settled around midnight.
Thankfully just about everyone seems to have gotten some good sleep and are enjoying cold cereal in front of cartoons (we havent had real TV at our house for YEARS).
We are looking forward to taking the kids swimming soon. That is their favorite part about staying at the hotels - well, second favorite next to making sure the cable has the Food Network - which they do the minute they get into the hotel room :) (it is a good thing we DONT have real TV - we would watch the Food Channel non-stop I think:)
A little later today Preston & I will officially check in for the marathon. We are looking forward to the fun "goodie duffel" that all the participants will receive. It is supposed to have all sorts of fun stuff in it - it will be like Christmas!
We are also hoping we will find out more info about what we will do with the kiddos. Mom & Dad & Tyler will be caring for them, as well as K & D's and maybe T & H's kiddos too! We just arent sure where they will keep all the kiddos yet. Lots to still figure out but it will all work out fine I am sure!
We are also looking forward to the arrival of some of Preston's family. This became a "family" adventure when our bro-in-law ran a marathon and Preston's mom found out he was planning to run this one too. She thought it would be a great adventure for all of us kids. We ended up all being gung-ho at first but at this point I think Preston & I, Kari & Doug (maybe), Heidi and Bart are who will be participating tomorrow. The others will just have to live vicariously through all our craziness!
Tonight the marathon is hosting a pasta dinner for all the participants too. Their plan is to bulk everyone up on lots of carbs - supposedly a great thing to do before running! It should be way yummy!
Going back to the thought that we really are crazy for doing this....Preston was looking at the marathon info this morning and found that he, at least, will start at 6000 ft and the marathon will end at 4500 ft. I will start a little lower than he will - but WOW - coming from sea level that is a HUGE thing. Preston will be running 26.3 miles and I will be attempting to walk 13 miles.
It is going to really be a grand adventure.
Well, going to run for now - kiddos are all ready for swimming. We will be sure to post more over the next couple of days and keep everyone up to date!
No comments:
Post a Comment