Today has been one challenge after another...but also with one blessing after another.
1) The Beast's "engine in distress" light went on again late yesterday - took it in again this morning. They ended up keeping it for several hours. Found out the repair would cost $700+ - OUCH. Found out repair isnt critical to life or limb of the beast - and does NOT need to be done now, or maybe ever unless we really want to or unless we see a steep decline in gas mileage.....WHEW...Not knowing if we would have the car back in time, I ended up having to cancel Colton's OT appt in Philomath....threw a definate wrench into our plans....Had the blessing of having my kind, sweet, wonderful friend be willing to help chauffeur me back up to the car repair shop to pick up the beast so I could get ceana picked up from music class on time. Thank you C, I really dont know how I will ever re-pay your daily kindnesses and and never-ending help! Love ya tons!!!
2) Computer programs still missing from my laptop - not able to get work or schoolwork done again today - gggrrrr - With help of a patient husband, over the phone, I was able to re-install said programs, so hopefully tomorrow much needed projects will be able to be completed...sigh....Thank you, love, for always being so patient with me.
3) Kaeli woke with migraine and VERY sore throat again today. I was checking her temp - which was normal - only to have Kels fuss at me that she needed a "turn" too. I humored her, except the joke was on me when I went to read it to her and SHE had a fever! What? The more Kaeli and I chatted and I checked her, the more concerned I got about her listlessness, and pain. I went ahead and made a call to the dr office - confirming that they for sure wanted me to take the girls down to be checked....aaauuugghhhh! I quick called Colton's OT specialist and found out his slot was still open and we could still come. I also quick called Preston who agreed to meet me at the dr office and take colton to OT while I stayed with the girls...Thank you, my love, for being so willing to help, even at the last chaotic minute...
4) Looks very likely that both Kaeli and Kels have strep throat. Every symptom and indication is a whopping yes. Dumb quick culture said no...will have to wait for confirmation phone call from our cute little nurse tomorrow early AM. If it comes back negative too, it will confirm a more rare virus that acts and looks like strep (like we had last year) and we will know either way for meds for the girls, or having to let everyone know we have yuck we might have passed on in the last few days without knowing....So thankful for a wonderfully, sweet pediatrician who we can trust completely. Thankful to know that he is on call this weekend in case we do have strep and rest of kiddos get it too....(side note since I got pulled away while trying to get this written, Colton has started with a slight temperature and a scratchy looking rash on his upper torso - another symptom of strep - lovely....) We know that our dr will call in meds for whoever needs them and we wont have to run down to his office again....so wonderful that he cares about our family so much.
5) Was able to get chinese and kiddo food take out for dinner....just couldnt even think about food after how the rest of the day has gone....
6) Was able to head off our cute friend who had come for the kids' piano lessons before we shared our germs....
7) Get to enjoy the last little bit of sunshine for the day...the most sun we have seen all day....crazy rain every other 5 minutes was kind of fun today too...silly thing to think of as fun, but it just makes you shake your head as you stare out the window watching the weather literally change every minute or two...or walk outside, barely missing the torrential downpour....(lucky us, huh, Christy?)
8) Having the blessing of kind, wonderful, generous neighbors. Our neighbors across the street are wonderfully sweet, amazingly talented people who are willing to share their time, talents and thoughtful gifts with us. We were given a surprise gift today of a HUGE bulletin board just because our neighbor knew it would be perfect to show off the kids' art/school work. Her children are all grown now, and far away...and I think she and her husband are very much enjoying having all the neighborhood children around to enjoy. They are becoming good friends and we are lucky to have such good neighbors in a nice area here on our street and around us.
9) Have had very difficult time with sleep since I had to turn in my loaner CPAP and have been waiting for the new one to arrive from being on backorder. Sleep and REM cycles have been so intense I have been waking often because I have drown or died or something very intense has happened. It has made it very hard for me to help the kids or even be able to get through the most basic of house jobs or driving or anything. Today, just as we were heading out the door, I got a surprise phone call from the medical equipment office. My new CPAP and all the needed extra parts arrived today - way ahead of schedule (we were told it would be 2 weeks, minimum) I was ecstatic and so was the respiratory therapist who had been through all the stress with us. Even the office receptionist knew all the struggle we have been through, and she is also a mom, so she understood very well the strain that a sleep deprived mom puts on the family and home. I cant wait to get it all set up tonight - I am hoping I can remember all the instructions....
I am sure there are more things I can write about, things my brain would process if I was more coherent...but for now, I am going to try to get some real sleep tonight now that little people have finally crashed....I am truly grateful for many blessings that have been given today.
No comments:
Post a Comment