Thursday, April 29, 2010

MINI UPDATE

Well, today has been just about as berzerk as yesterday...it is now past dinner time....and nothing to show for the day coming and going..

We finally got a call back from our kiddos' dr office with the bacterial strep results still being negative, but the viral strep results way beyond positive....yep, just our luck, we got the rare viral strain instead....loverly....

Soo...that means we were prob contagious days ago, and will be contagious as long as kiddos are running fevers and breaking out with any symptoms....we will need to not be around people as much as possible for the next 7-10 days probably. Shouldnt be too hard, considering we do school and everything at home, mostly. Next week looks pretty quiet as far as activity level for the kids, and hopefully we can keep rest of kiddos from getting it too...keep your fingers crossed.

Today was also adventurous for me. I always get a personal phone call from the Red Cross staff AND our ward blood drive rep. The last couple of times have been successful, so I was hoping things would be ok too. After the 90 min check in and set up, the best guy on the floor took a stab at me - literally. He got the needle in, except he MISSED the vein. While I squeezed a soft ball to death and curled my feet up into my shoes, he dug around until he finally hit it (can you say OW!!!!) Then it literally took me 5 minutes to fill the pouch and give them all the vials they needed. I have never been finished that fast before. It was kind of crazy, but someone must be in need of it more than me. The only way that I can have this much success is if Heavenly Father knows someone is waiting for it....and I am happy to give it. When I was done I sat and chatted with a fellow ward member, and our stake patriarch, while we nibbled some snacks and juice. All, in all, it really was a positive experience again this time. Maybe making up for lost time, for all those times they had to turn me away, or turned me into a pin cushion. It is good to be able to serve others in some small way.

Today was supposed to be full of adventure and fun, instead we had to cancel the fun and replace it with hanging out here at home with little and big people not feeling well, and just mostly scratching the day's efforts...there is always tomorrow, I guess, and the weekend to see what we can get caught up. I think the closer we get to summer break, the more we are all looking forward to it. For now, we just take a day at a time and do the best we can.

No comments: