Monday, April 26, 2010

100 THINGS

A friend of mine did a fun thing on her post. After her 100th post on her blog, she made a list of 100 things about herself. We have posted WAY more than 100, but I thought it was a fun idea and would put something new here since I havent been able to update all our fun adventures yet. So here it is....just random.

1) I love being a wife and mom

2) I like chocolate soy milk on my cereal (Crispix cereal is best!)

3) I have the most patient, forgiving, loving husband that ever walked the Earth

4) I have now re-developed intolerances for anything with dairy or yeast. May be life-long...it has been a huge change in my life

5) I have the 2 bestest friends in the whole entire world, who stick by me through thick or thin, when I am grumpy or happy, and always offer smiles, hugs, and never failing friendship every minute of every day. Thanx to M & C, I don't know what I would ever do without you!

6) I love watching sunrises and sunsets, esp at the coast

7) I need "white" noise to help me sleep (ocean waves, fan, fireplace, etc)

8) I now have to use a CPAP to allow me to sleep safely

9) I have the bestest massage therapist/health specialist in the world. She knows me so well and we have been through so much together. Thanx tons W for all you do for me, you are appreciated and loved more than words can ever say!

10) I love photography and enjoy (and sometimes lament) that there is always something else to learn or do better.

11) I am seriously considering training for and participating in my first triathlon - yikes!

12) I love to swim, it is relaxing and great exercise

13) I dont love planting a garden, but I love eating all the yummy fresh veggies at harvest time

14) I can live the rest of my life happily without eating brussel sprouts, crunchy peanut butter, or creamed corn ever again

15) I love to take naps when I can squeeze them in

16) I have run a 1/2 marathon, and once was enough experience for a lifetime

17) I enjoy teaching my daughter's sunday school class - it is an awesome group of kids!

18) I am not very good at riding a bike

19) I am allergic to lint - esp in kleenex!

20) I get the hiccups for hours at a time

21) I sneeze like the big bad wolf - I huff and puff and usually blow down anyone in my near vicinity...I also usually sneeze several times in a row (10+)

22) I like listening to my children laugh and play together

23) I love Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzards (at least they used to be my fave)

24) I love taking photos of every day things that most people don't even notice (dew drops, bees on flowers, the woodgrain in a tree stump, little bugs, etc)

25) I love to cook & bake (thanx Aunt M, I miss you!)

26) I did not inherit the "green thumb" that runs in the women of my family - I have a "black" thumb which is why all our live plants are in the yard, instead of in the house

27) My favorite color is purple

28) I have known and loved my husband for 23 years

29) I hate snakes. I cant even talk about them or look at a picture of them without feeling like I am going to throw up...

30) I am the bug/spider killer at our house

31) I am irrationally afraid of bridges over water (go figure, esp with my husband being a bridge designer/structural engineer)

32) I dont like wearing shoes, and only put them on when absolutely necessary

33) I spend most days in sweats or PJ's

34) I am not very good at making crafty things (scrapbooks, painting, cards, etc)

35) I love to do all my scrapbooking/journaling online and with digital programs

36) I love foreign foods, and will usually try just about anything once

37) I try really hard to remember to say thanx to others, for things big and small

38) I get my own personal phone calls from the Red Cross, or ward blood drive reps because of my universal blood type

39) I hate needles, esp the big monster ones they use when I give blood

40) I am allergic/have a high sensitivity to TONS of medicines

41) I have gone through 11 different surgeries in my life so far

42) I will usually delegate washing dishes and folding laundry - they are my least fave house chores because they are never caught up/finished

43) I have never broken a bone or had any cavities

44) The stones on my wedding ring match the number of kiddos we have

45) My favorite flowers are Tiger Lilies, Lilacs and Gladiolas

46) I love reading. My favorite genre is historical fiction and anything about dragons

47) If I could be anyone in the world, I would be Samatha Stevens from Bewitched - having her powers would make life totally awesome

48) I do not usually enjoy watching or paying any attention to sports.

49) I do not have a "techy" brain - software programs drive me batty, and I have just barely learned to use text messaging....will be a slow road to learning about all those newfangled gadgets out there

50) I do not know how to sew - I can manage to repair a loose button, but that is about it

51) I love soaking in a hot bath with peppermint and orange oils

52) I have attempted to learn to play the piano 3 times...sigh, maybe some day

53) I love pancakes, esp drenched in syrup

54) Log Cabin or Mrs Butterworth's syrups are the BEST

55) I love spice cake with lots of yummy white frosting

56) I am a perpetual worrier, something I am working on every day

57) I have scars in unusual places, and unusal stories about how I got them

58) I get terrified speaking in front of people

59) I think I am a terrible singer

60) I usually write things with colored pens

61) I journal kid things on our monthly calendar

62) I am the oldest child in my family

63) I love potatoes in any way, shape or form (esp love homemade hashbrowns & jojos)

64) I do not like looking at myself in a mirror

56) I do not like to fly in airplanes

57) I am a home-body, and I dont esp like to travel too far from home

58) I dont like camping

59) I love spending time at the coast, just playing or walking on the beach

60) I have never been a waitress or worked in a fast food restaurant, but have done just about every other kind of odd job here and there

61) In a previous "life" I taught school for 8 years, off and on, including owning and running my own preschool

62) I have had gray hair since I was a teenager (family genes)

63) I love the smell of lilacs, freshly baked bread, campfire smoke, and freshly washed children (esp kels' hair)

64) I collect nativities, and have several from around the world

65) I love anything Celtic, but esp music.

66) I like my meat WELL DONE, not even with the slightest pink

67) I spent a lot of my high school years writing poetry and creative stories

68) I sit in my chair with my left leg tucked underneath me

69) I have a favorite spot that I always sit in when I am on the couch in our TV room

70) I still bite my nails

71) When I am nervous I twist my wedding ring

72) I have flannel sheets on our bed year round, and sleep with extra quilts

73) I love eating corn on the cob & fried zuchinni cold, right out of the fridge

74) I eat green beans cold, right out of the can

75) If I didnt color my hair, it would be completely white

76) I like hosting parties, but I am always afraid no one will come

77) I often repeat myself when I talk

78) When I get extra anxious, worried or scared, my hand itches like it is on fire

79) My favorite number is 2

80) My most favorite random saying is "purple hippopotamus"

81) My favorite music in the world in Pachabel's Cannon in D

82) My favorite song is "The Prayer" by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli - it still makes me cry no matter how many times I hear it

83) I can quote a line out of a movie from just about any word I hear or say

84) I am not a "dump & pour" kind of cook, but I can make just about anything if I have a recipe

85) I love making & eating omelets, esp stuffed full of yummy things

86) I can't tolerate touching cotton balls or any fabric that has a similar texture

87) I took violin lessons when I was younger

88) My favorite candy is peanut M&M's, or 100 Grand Candy Bars (at least they used to be)

89) I dont like marshmallows

90) When I used to eat choc, it had to have something in it (caramel, nuts, etc), dont like just plain chocolate

91) I love flavored hot chocolate (gingerbread, raspberry, etc)

92) I love to listen to the frogs and bugs chirping at night

93) I dont usually like surprises, I am a "have to have a plan" kind of person

94) I had to take my driving test 2x

95) I legally changed my name in 2003

96) I am famous for being able to go anywhere, even far away from home, and still run into someone I know (a friend used to tease me that she could never take me anywhere...LOL)

97) I am afraid of heights

98) Sometimes when I dream at night, I can fly, be an olympic ice skater, and sing like a pro

99) I am a very symmetrical person - I am a picture straightener, have to have everything balanced when I am looking at things. Abstract or uneven drives me crazy

100) I dont wear lipstick, ever, it is just yuck

No comments: