Thursday, December 31, 2009

TIME TO CATCH UP...

I will be hopefully taking some time soon to get all of our posts caught up from this very busy month. There has been so much that has happened, so much to share.

For now, looking forward to the new year I want to share something I have read recently that seemed to hit home for me. I have been reading a set of wonderful books that seem to be filled with the perfect things that I need right now...this was one of them.....

"Suppose for a moment that God began taking from us the many things for which we have failed to give thanks. Which of our limbs and faculties would be left? Would I still have my hands and my mind? And what about loved ones? If God were to take from me all those persons and things for which I have not given thanks, who or what would be let of me?"
- Patrick Henry Reardon

I am not planning to make any new resolutions except for this one - to do one little thing - say "thank you" as often as I possibly can. To show and tell my gratitude for all things little or big. To show my gratitude to all those around me through words and works. If I can do this one little thing, all year, it will be a great accomplishment.

As we look back on all that we have been blessed with, and forward to all that we will be blessed with, I hope that our gratitude to Heavenly Father, the Savior, and to all those around us will be always be in our hearts and minds. I know I am going to do my best to make sure it is in mine.

1 comment:

humming fun said...

nice to here you are in a good space/