After a very short night (less than 4 hrs off and on) I got up at 6am with a slight pinching on my right side. I didnt think anything of it, figuring I had slept in a funny position.
By 7am the pain was so piercing that I was severely nauseated and in a heap on the rug, unable to move or think past the pain....Stupid rocks.
Thankfully Preston was still home with us this morning when all this was happening. He was able to hunt down my heavy duty medications and help the little boys get ready for school.
When the meds finally started working enough for me to move I climbed into an extra hot bath to try and relax the muscles and get heat on the worst areas. Preston took the boys to school for me.
I spent most of the day feeling very drugged and spent my time alternating between helping Ky & Kels and laying on the couch.
I think I passed the stone sometime today, though I never saw it. It must have been fairly large, as far as stones go for me, because my back is very sore and feels bruised. I am completely exhausted after trying to get through the pain and meds and caring for little people all day.
Apparently being off city water really was making a difference. Even though I passed stones through the whole pregnancy with Kels, they were small and mostly painless. Today was back to what we have been through all along being on the city water - which is filled with high levels of calcium and phosphates that my body cant tolerate.
I think I had Preston in quite a state again today - esp knowing he couldnt be home at all to help me (he had work, drill, and is giving a presentation at OSU). This morning when he left I was in the same state of mind, not knowing what the day would bring. He has been concerned enough that he spent some of his time today looking into getting commerically bottled water in the house again. (we just discontinued our service trying to re-group all of our finances).
It seems it has made a big enough difference to my health after all. I hate to put that much $ out again, knowing that we are trying to cut out all of our extras to conserve finances, but it really might be the best option vs what we went through today, and having to put even more $ into ER visits and possible surgery again, besides having to find a new doctor.
Stupid rocks....
2 comments:
Shaun can relate. He get those stones about every six months. They last days and then leave him very sore for days after. I am glad you passed it so quickly. Hope you heal just as fast.
It has been a day or two how are you feeling? I havn't got your pay it forward in the mail yet but I will try this next week and let you know when I have mailed it.
Post a Comment