Friday, February 17, 2012

Joy Is (II).....

I started this post 3 weeks ago. I have been MIA and so have our posts. We have had lots of people ask where we have disappeared to. I have a ton I need to post, with picts, but have been having an extra rough go of things. Hopefully I will get a chance to post and update things soon. Until then, just going to go ahead and post this -
 
 I am just going to throw this list out in random order...Most of these span the last 3 weeks or so
 
*Attending stake temple night
 
*Having sissy help me try a new head wrap and adding silk ribbon so it would be nice for the temple
 
*Receiving so many hugs and well wishes from friends and sisters at the temple
 
*Knowing we missed our slot for the session we were hoping to snag, and then being asked by temple presidency to serve somewhere else, and having pieces fall into place perfectly
 
*Actually feeling beautiful, and comfortable while at the temple and not self-conscious like I do everywhere else....
 
*Having the tender mercy of AC blowing directly on me right in a moment of a hot flash I was certain was going to make me pass out
 
*Getting an unexpected double date with A&C Jeffries :)
 
*Soup and roll that actually tasted YUMMY @ temple cafeteria (preston would add that joy is choc eclair that he got by default because I thought it was NOT yummy) :)
 
*Only having to take pain meds 1x during the day
 
*Teasing and laughing with friends and stake president that I was feeling great because I was "drugged" - and then talking about and expressing true gratitude for modern medicine and the great relief and blessing that comes because of it
 
*Talking with a friend who I havent seen in ages and swapping stories about our 3 yr olds and the unexpected "adventures" that they bring to life
 
*Hearing that a friend became a grandma for the 1st time
 
*Seeing picts of a new baby that has the most chubby cheeks you just want to squeeze them
 
*German Chokolat (german spelling) ice cream crammed full of caramel, pecans, and brownie chunks
 
*Having a teenager @ ice cream store tell us to drive home "slowly" when she heard we were on our way home to kiddos after an awesome date night. It made us both laugh.
 
*Planning a spur-of-the-moment birthday party with Burton/Baxter cousins at Chuck-E-Cheese
 
*Not taking "no" for an answer from the reservation call center, getting Salem CEC direct number and getting full party package reserved at last minute! Major score for the kids!
 
*Enjoying sitting, laughing, taking picts, etc with mom and dad, and all the kids and cousins at CEC.
 
*Playing games with Kaeli @ CEC and seeing and hearing her laugh
 
*Getting to see and spend time with extended family, esp neices and nephews
 
*Getting to hold and love on my 8 month old niece tons!
 
*Getting ready to head home for the last time before family left and having baby niece reach out her arms for me to hold her. Getting to tease my sis-in-law that I was going to take the baby home with me. It was a wonderful feeling to have Little Miss B be comfy round me and let me spend so much time with her.
 
*Getting to attend Stake Conference! Seeing stake friends we dont see otherwise
 
*Having a patient husband who seems to always keep a positive attitude about things even when I dont
 
*Having a little one finally break a high fever and on the mend after nasty flu
 
*Having so many thoughtful people send in meals specifically for the kids
 
*Big girls and oldest son to care for me at my worst moments
 
*My own "bed and breakfast" suite when it is where I spend 24-7
 
*Listening to the rain on the skylights in my room
 
*Pringles chips and chocolate instant pudding
 
*Tater tot casserole and green beans
 
*Candlelight dinner take out for 4 on fine china and crystal in the dining room
 
*Having a daughter who spontaneously hosts hamburger bun pizza picnics in the playroom for little kiddos
 
*Watching big kiddos enjoy hand washing dishes because they are spending time together doing it
 
*An old plaid quilt to wrap up in when feeling extra sad
 
*Rainbow colored "happy smiley" monsters on the wall and in the bedroom
 
*Being able to laugh about having the brain capacity of a goldfish
 
*Elbow macaroni and church cannery cheese sauce
 
*Peach, mango banana smoothies and the special friendship that goes with them
 
*Nurses who giggle
 
*Being officially named "chipper" even if just for one day
 
*Playing Fruit Loop beanbag toss with my 5 yr old
 
*No more kiddos wearing diapers
 
*Polka dot back packs and mini M&M's
 
*Dino nuggets and homemade applesauce
 
*Rings that come off swollen hands before they have to be cut off
 
*Spontaneous visits and thoughtful handmade gifts
 
*Friends who give haircuts and make birthday cakes
 
*Friends who call and care and come to the rescue more than can be counted
 
*A husband who gives and loves and serves with his whole heart
 
*Having a Dr who is an understanding friend when he receives emails written in "panic mom" mode and doesnt think me a complete lunatic (at least most of the time)
 
*Favorite old books that still make you laugh and cry in the same places
 
More to come soon

1 comment:

humming fun said...

I just want you to know this is being read and I'm so glad you had a nice time at the temple.