I took the boys to see CARS 2 last week. I saw today that there is an article online on MSN's TODAY: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43543750/ns/today-entertainment/
I tried to post an online comment, but since I couldnt get it to work, I am going to post it here. I know several people who have already seen it too, I would be interested to see what others think or how they reacted.
I was very disappointed with CARS 2. My boys have been looking forward to seeing it since we found out they were making a second one. I was appalled that it opened in James Bond style and just got worse from there. I saw my son's favorite characters suddenly armed to the teeth with massive weapons, and participating in excessive violence, drinking and and other very negative behavior. I watched my son sit through most of it with his hands over his ears and often hiding from the screen. I dont know how theygot away with only having a G rating for this movie.
This was supposed to be a film for CHILDREN. What message is being sent from this movie? That Disney supports violence and drinking and weapons and espionage. Walt Disney would be mortified that his good name continues to be used to promote the negative influences of the world.
We have many Disney movies in our personal library - the ones that Walt Disney intended to meet his objective - to bring happiness and joy and enjoyment. We will not be adding this movie to our library, just as we have not added many that go against those things that made Disney a name that everyone loves.
I hope that PIXAR will start to take a good long look at how they are using the Disney name, and hopefully turn their work back to all those things that Walt Disney cherished. We will be much more hesitant to ever go see another Disney movie again.
Anyway - there you have it. Really was very disappointed. Will be sad to not be able to take my kiddos to the movies at all anymore - it seems that along with PG ratings now being used for what used to be R movies, the G rating has also been tainted. Guess we will continue to be thankful for Netflix and being able to choose good things for our kids and our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment