Sunday, June 5, 2011

Silly & Sweet

Anyone with little people residing in their home knows how fabulously funny they can be. Kels has spouted off with some doozies in the last couple of weeks besides finding her sleeping in very odd places.
Today Colton came to let me know somewhere new she had crashed....Just cant figure out how she can actually sleep in some of the places that she does....crazy girl....





Some of her recent funnies:


Me: In the bathroom (which any mom of really little people knows you can NEVER do by yourself)
Kels: "Whatcha doin' mom, goin' poop?"



Kels: "Mom, my jacket is dirty. We need to wash it with a wipe!" (which we wash just about everything with these days)
Me: "No, we need to put it in the washing machine."
Kels: "I want to help put it in the fishing machine! Pleeeease!"



There is one other thing that she said recently. My brain just cant come up with it. Hoping when I remember that I can add it here....



Ky was my gentle little snuggle bug today, and a true blessing to me because of his sweet tenderness. Last night was very rough for me. Dreams were traumatic and lasted even through this morning when Preston noticed I was positioned weird in my sleep. Sundays are always just rough, kids just seem to be off kilter no matter what. This morning I got after Ky a bit for not listening or obeying. I went upstairs to help him get dressed. Suddenly I looked up at him and saw big alligator tears and his heart broken. I apologized to him and I snuggled him on my lap as we talked about being how we can both be happy - by listening and obeying and being good helpers. Maybe my talk got through somehow because he showed me sweet kindness and was a kind helper at sacrament meeting.



My dreams last night left me feeling very unsettled about several things. My fasting prayer just brought images more to the front of my thoughts and weighed heavily on my mind. I couldnt stop the tears that flowed down my face. My anguish was almost more than I could bear today. As I was praying I felt Ky's little hand touch my cheek and his thumb wipe away my tears. He climbed up in my lap and wrapped his arms around my neck and nestled his head under my chin. He continued to keep his hands on my face and wiped my tears away. When I opened my eyes to look at him he took my face in both his hands and said "it is ok, mom" and then hugged me tighter. I cried even more as I just held him close to me. I dont remember when he climbed off my lap, or when the tears stopped. I only know that when he moved on to his little coloring activity I was much more calm and each of the testimonies today seemed to be just for me. I was able to sit and listen and things were more quiet. The concerns from my dreams still weigh heavy, but they seem a bit easier to bear because my little one was given the precious gift to comfort me today.



Little ones are a joy, through laughter and tears, I dont know what I would ever do without them.

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Our kids are ours for reasons we don't know. What a blessing!