Our first stop was to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse area. We rambled through the visitors center and got there in time to actually go into the lighthouse. I dont think I have ever been there before when it was open to go inside. There was a great tour guide there who gave us great information and history about the lighthouse. Ky & Kels were too little to be allowed up the 111 steps to the top, so we wandered outside while the others went up.
The grounds and area are so beautiful, even on an extra windy day!Not knowing what the weather would be like, and for how long we would be gone, I left my good camera at home. Thankfully I remembered that my new cell has a camera on it too. I wasnt holding out any hope that picts would turn out well, but I have been pleasantly surprised that they actually turned out pretty good and I could even play with them a bit. I wanted to esp get a pict from under the amazing staircase in the lighthouse. It was just a very interesting angle I was glad to capture :)

I think that we have found a new favorite beach that is definately worth the 2hr drive. Agate Beach Wayside in Newport is amazing. It is a long, wide beach with a river that runs along the East end and the coastline that runs at the other West side. I am always a bit nervous about the kids and the waves, so this little spot was ideal to let the little ones play and be completely safe and to still hear and see the waves.
There was a big sandbar in the river where we camped out. Ky & Kels had so much fun digging and splashing and playing and I didnt have to worry one ounce about them and could just relax and let them play. The sand was so soft, and very fine density. It was more than perfect for building sandcastles and held the water really well and the shapes . The kids esp loved that the water literally splashed across the surface of the sand and then stayed that way for a long time. I have never seen a beach that reacted that way.
I just couldnt decide which of these I loved more. Little toes are just so fun to photograph!
Usually when you go out to the coast you can guarantee there will be wind - and lots of it. We were about blown over when we were at the lighthouse, but when we found our little spot on the beach, the wind was barely blowing and it was warm. The boys got both the kites out and could fly them all by themselves because the wind was so ideal.
This is our first outing to the beach for the season, so all the sand toys were brand new. Kels couldnt wait to get everything out (literally) and try everything out in the sand. I think she finally decided that digging and splashing were her 2 favorite activities.
The kids were all so close in age that they all got along really well. Our friends moved away when James was very little, so Colton didnt remember him. The kids have never met Simon. They did amazingly well considering they had just met. It really made it fun to just watch them enjoy each other.
More of Kels digging....
Jessica was really sweet to take time for the little kiddos. Ky esp took a liking to her and she was so sweet with him. When Rebecca and I were chatting she noticed that Jessica had buried the 2 little boys. They thought that was great fun.
More of Kels digging.....She just really loved that sand
Colton's special treat was that he was big enough to go play in the waves with Rebecca. She took the 3 big boys to see the waves and play for a bit. When she gets me copies of the picts she took, I will be sure to post them.
Of course Kels had to get in on the same deal as the boys. She was just caked in sand in every nook and cranny, including inside Kels' diaper, even though she had several layers of clothe on. She and the boys will need another bath tonight because we still didnt get the sand out of their ears or all of her hair.


No comments:
Post a Comment