Thursday, July 7, 2011

Funny Things

The kids have been spouting off some good stuff recently, so i thought I had better get them posted before we forget them.

Ky - last week he was asked to give a talk in primary. Since I had to teach my class, Kaeli willingly helped him write and give his talk. I didnt hear anything about it until the Primary Music person asked me if I had seen his most recent post about an unnamed child who gave their talk that day....obviously hinting at Ky. Part of his talk was quoting "I love to see the temple" from the children's hymnbook. Instead of saying that it is "a place of love and beauty" he told the jr primary that the temple is "the POLICE of love and beauty" - definately put the adults who heard it into laughter.

Ky - We went through our 2nd karate belt testing yesterday. The kids all did a great job and received their new colored belts. Since Ky is in the young kids' age group, he gets animal patches on his belts. Yesterday he received his Tiger Patch belt. He was so proud he was glowing. When we got in the car he informed everyone that "I am not a little squirt anymore, I am a Tiger!" He had us all busting up laughing. He has had the nickname "little squirt" because he is just still so little for his age. Today, though, he showed what a big boy he is becoming by being invited to attend, and testing with the bigs and adults in our class! Way to go buddy!

Kelsianne - We have had a friend in our ward helping with Kels, and we have had the girls been helping with her little guy who is just a few months old. Last week was Kels' first time going to her house and she was very apprehensive. My friend and I had a chance to chat and she mentioned a couple of things Kels had said while at her house last week. When our Kels and our friend were playing a game together, our friend mentioned that it was her turn to which Kels replied "well, no, not yet." Our friend asked Kels if she was going to help take care of the baby to which she replied "No, actually, I'm not".

Yesterday when I dropped her off again, she became very shy, but then at the door remembered that our friend had fruit and veggies and games. She asked me her most important question lately "you're coming back for me?" which of course I replied that I was, to which she replied "You can go in the car. Bye" in a tone that inferred "dont let the door hit you on the way out" I am happy that she is happy with our friend, it helps alot to know that there is someone she is comfy with while we are going through the whole separation anxiety stage.

The other funny thing happened yesterday when Kels was talking to preston on the phone to tell him about her day. She was trying to tell him about being at our friend's house and about the baby, who she calls "Baby Medicine" (his name is Edison) It is pretty hysterical to hear her talk about him.

It is fun to have funny things the kids have said written down somewhere. It seems that Kels' attitude blossoms as much as her vocabulary does. I just have stopped being amazed and astounded at the things that come out of her mouth. Crazy girl keeps us in stitches most of the time. I think Ky will always be the little squirt, esp if he never outgrows his little sister. Only time will tell....

No comments: