I have still been struggling with health concerns and have just not been up to doing any big posts, even though I have tons to share. Right now, this brief update is what I can do. Hopefully soon I can catch up with all the fun things and picts we have done in the last couple of months....
1)I have passed 2 small stones in the last 1 ½ weeks. They have gotten stuck on the way out vs in my back. That is improvement, but still uncomfortable. It is good to know that we are maybe doing something right that is helping to break up the big stone still in my left kidney. Even though it is uncomfy, it is better than emergency surgery because the big stone decided to move and get stuck....I dont go back to see my dr. for several months. Hopefully when I do go, tests will show the stones are gone...that would be a wonderful blessing
2)Kaeli and I have developed several food intolerances. We are currently cutting out dairy, sugar, fried or fatty foods. Right now we are still both doing ok with wheat. We will be keeping a detailed health journal to see if there are any other things that might be a problem. Not sure when we will be able to add these things back in. We are working on finding good substitutes (coconut and rice milk) for baking and smoothies and things
3)I am officially on a CPAP machine now. It has taken 2 appts to get things figured out, but I think I finally have the right mask and was able to keep it on the whole night. I had a little window of feeling better yesterday morning, so hopefully as I continue those little windows will get bigger. Unfortunately, it looks like I will be making a 3rd trip to corvallis to get the mask/machine adjusted again. What I thought was a severe reaction to a food ended up actually being the CPAP allowing, and pushing air into my stomach. My whole stomach has been filled with air causing severe pressure/air into my chest and radiating over my arm. It has been very painful. I am glad to know that it wasnt another food allergy starting and that we can get it remedied soon. Hopefully the 3rd time will be the charm and we can get things figured out before my trial period is up. I have only been given 2 months to see if the CPAP is going to be the right answer for me. We havent been able to know that yet because we are still trying to find the right pieces and parts and settings....hopefully this time we will get things figured out and I can start sleeping lots better.
4)T jids did great with school for our first term with ORCA. The kids got all A’s and B’s and we are very proud of them for all their hard work. We are already into 2nd term and trying our best not to get behind already. It is keeping the kids and all of us very challenged and we just take a day at a time as we can. We have made some tweaks to Kaeli's schedule and we are hoping it will help her be even more successful. Colton is learning to read and is getting better at it every day. He seems to really enjoy reading, math and science - just like the rest of the kids....guess it is good they got preston's brain talent for numbers.
5)Preston is keeping extra busy with work, military and bishopbric responsibilities. He has an extra job now as the building coordinator. Not sure if that will be permanent or not. Several things he is currently doing were supposed to be temporary….He tries to be home with us when he can and that time is spent helping kids with their math and science. It is good that he can help them with these assignments.
6)Ceana is an official teen driver – Preston took her for her permit last week and she passed the written tests. Preston has been giving her a crash course in everything. He is having her drive anytime they go anywhere together. He had her drive to and from Salem Monday night. I think she enjoys driving, but it exhausts her. We sit down and talk each time he takes her out so she is more aware of what she is learning and how to do better each time. It has been a lot for her to take on and tons to think about and remember. She is doing an awesome job though.
7)Got a chance to go out to dinner with Jeffries/Weatherred while Sean and Rayna were here this last weekend. It is the 1st time we have been out for a long time. It was nice to just enjoy each other's company and have a very good dinner. Thanx again, guys, for going with us. Hope you had as much fun as we did! Let's not wait so long until the next time -k-
8)We will be having a fun dinner bday party for colton on Friday. It should be lots of fun to have other families here and to have his bday. He has been so excited, and has been counting down the days since Ceana’s bday last week. He knows his birthday is after Ceana's and he has been chomping at the bit for Thursday to come. Will try to post picts over the weekend.
9)Colton lost another tooth. He has been wiggling it for weeks. When he met me in the foyer after church Sunday he came bounding down the hallway to tell me that Kaeli had been his teacher for the day and that he had lost his tooth. It was pretty funny. He is just so excited that he is getting bigger. He is also very patient as the tooth fairy has been a bit absent minded. He finally got rewarded with some fun treats left under his pillow.
10)Preston, Colton and the big girls are at the state capitol today. They are there with many other families trying to make a last fight for our choice of schooling. This last year the state government, including the governor, signed a bill that could potentially close all virtual charter schools in the state. Over the last several months there have been special committee meetings to discuss the options of changing the rules or completely closing our programs. Preston has attended every one and has been asked to speak and has taken Colton with him as well. Families are meeting with a legislative panel today to speak and state our case before the special session starts. We found out late last night however, that the legislative panel session, that was supposed to be held today and allow families to attend and speak, has been completely taken off the schedule. Supposedly the panel will go directly to the senate - which we have been told is very unusual. We are not sure what this will mean. We will just keep our prayers going that we, and families throughout the state, will be allowed this choice to educate our children. Please add your thoughts and prayers too. It is vital that we are allow this choice and to show our state government that we care more about our children than about all the politics and money. We are hoping to persuade them to finally think the same way....wish us luck. I will be sure to have Preston post an update when they arrive home this evening....
I guess that is all for now. Life has still just been filled with school, work and lots of traveling for specialist appts for me and Colton. Seems we dont get much beyond this schedule. We will do our best to post more soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment