Sunday, February 14, 2010

Glimpse of Sunday afternoon at the Baxters

(Posted by Preston)

Here are a few things I heard during our family dinner time after church today. (I can't promise that I heard everything in proper context ...)

“Can you change me???”

“Give me a candy!”

“Please be quiet for a minute while it’s Kylan’s turn. We need to learn to respect …” {BBBRRRAAAPPP!!! from the other room} “when others are trying to talk to us.”

“You can’t have a brownie until after you’ve eaten your horse treats.”

“Oh no, when did THAT happen?”

“Did you play HANGMAN for your class, too?” “Yep!”

“I beat Acorn and Caiden!”

“Ewww!”

{After a particularly gusty belch …} “But everybody does that.” “If everybody jumped off a bridge, would you do it to?” “No, but burping is something natural that happens inside of you, that you just have to let it out!”

“Hey, Ky!”

“We got something from the chwry box.” “Jewelry box?” “No, CHWRY box.” “Cherry chest?” “No, CHWRY BOX.” “Oh … ‘toy’ box?”

“Joseph Smith is kind of like a missionary that always says EVERYTHING.”

“Keegan got his head stuck down there so you could only see his feet hanging out.”

“Look! I know how to squirt ketchup all by myself!”

“Ow!”

“Chad said there was nobody there but him and a bunch of girls, so he left. “ “Josh was there, too.” “Smart boy that Josh.”

“Did anyone say prayer, or did everyone just start wolfing down food?”