I havent felt up to posting - or doing anything extra adventurous lately....so I thought I would just post a list (thanx for the idea W) for now so that when I am feeling all revved up and lots better I can come back and expand on these with posts and picts....
*missionary zone conference lunch went off without a hitch
*being sung to by missionaries with darling "thank you" song
*dear friends to serve with and for
*watching Ky's eyes get big as saucers and see him get excited about a special gift
*thankful for sweet friends who bring unexpected gifts just because, and because they love us
*listening to my 3 year old squeal because he has "discovered" pockets and how many cars they will hold at one time
*friendly, chatty sleep study technicians
*calm, hopeful, encouraging sleep specialist
*the Food Channel and amazing and wonderful shows that I could watch 24-7 (good thing we dont have real TV)
*YM who come over to hang out and play with Caiden even though they are so much older than he is - big thanx to M & A! You guys are the BEST!
*a friend who is always kind and patient no matter how much I cry and fuss at appts
*a friend who has been given great gifts to be used in my behalf, and that of my children
*a husband who continues to put up with me even when I am in total meltdown
*end of school terms and long weekends
*Georgia Mud Fudge blizzards and Keebler's soft choc chip cookies
*eating cheeseburgers and choc chip cookies with my almost 7 year old
*listening to my 3 year old start to recognize letters and numbers
*hot showers, a tub big enough to soak in for as long as I want
*bedroom fireplace that keeps me from freezing
*flannel sheets and my favorite quilt
*sharing homemade loaded nachos with my big girls
*little bits of sunshine
*finding tulips for a close friend in the middle of winter
*naps
*new flannel and cotton PJ's
*a doctor who has become our friend and doesnt mind me emailing him at home when we get ear infections over a weekend
*health, wealth, and prosperity compared to so many who dont have anything around the world
*forward progress, no matter how small
*"ah, hah" moments when reading scriptures or participating in class discussions
*friends who are willing to babysit at the last minute or when life is so crazy we cant coordinate help for all the big/little people at our house - thanx TONS E & M!
*the sound of rain on my skylight windows and on my white noise box
*enjoying an evening of sisterhood and amazing talents
*enjoying every minute of listening to SB talk about her life experiences, projects, classes, just about everything - she is SO amazing!
*sweet VT who come to give me a lesson, and end up folding all of my laundry instead
*naps
*early bedtimes
*DVD player in the van
*insurance that is willing to cover expensive medical equipment
*looking forward to spending fun bday day with kiddos for shopping, lunch, friends, etc
*watching and listening to little Miss learn so many new words to say and sign all in one week
*Listening and watching Little Miss swapping back and forth calling K "sissy" and "mom" and sometimes having her choose K over me - she loves her sissy
*sleeping in past 5am on weekends
*chinese take out (from our local restaurant or Safeway deli)
*watching movies and eating take out with my sweetheart
*laughing and playing on the Wii with just the two of us
*big girls who are willing to take on house stuff and being the "mom" when I am not feeling well or need to be gone to appts
*Kaeli's awesome art skills
*Ceana's excitement about participating in music at school with friends
*Laughing so hard until I cried with C while we watched her band retreat DVD
*Eating pudding and snacks and watching movies with P and big girls
*listening to sweet comments from friends about my big girls' babysitting skills
*shaking my head and knowing my girls are growing up when both girls are each asked to babysit for different families for multiple weekends in a row
*Listening to K hum and sing while she does everything and anything - music just flows through her...
*listening to kids being excited about singing in sacrament meeting on Sunday
*following friends' blogs and seeing how fun and adventurous their lives are, and how amazingly talented they are
*planning surprises for others
I am sure I will think of more....will add a little of this and that and try to post more soon
1 comment:
Rory thanks for stopping in on my blog...finally I will be able to blog and something to show for it in print. Hope things are well. I am totally re-doing things with my photog. business...I hoped to be up and running by now but I am not.
Post a Comment