Wednesday, October 28, 2009

2 DOWN, 2 TO GO!

Well, I taught class #2 to the scouts last night, even with little people in tow....

Everyone was very attentive and for the most part I feel like things went well. Lighting has still been one of my constant challenges. It was good for me to be able to be honest with the YM and show them examples how light can be an enemy and help with photography.

I still feel like I whooshed over everything way too fast. 1 hour is just not enough time to go over everything I would like to, and I didnt get a chance to show all of the examples I was hoping to.

I was pleased that several of the YM did do some "homework" I had given them. They had brought their cameras and showed off the different things they had done during the week. It was fun to look at their picts and be able to share our enthusiasm and excitement over this new adventure. We have a couple of the YM who are really looking at photography as a serious hobby, if not a career maybe someday. I was able to talk with them about their project with this class and really encouraged them to choose something that they LOVE and photograph it. I think I got some wheels turning and some thoughts started, at least I hope so.

It really went much better than expected, esp since I had 3 little people with me. A special thank you goes out to Bro M who didnt mind following Kels about in the hallways while I taught class, and to other Bro M for opening the gym for the little boys to burn off energy with large motor play in there. My boys want to again say a great big THANK YOU to "Papa Jeffries" (nicknamed the Candy Man for good reason) for always finding a treat for my little people and treating them just like he does his own grandchildren. He always makes us feel so loved too. Thank you!

Well, only 2 more classes to go. One on the photography triangle and one on film vs digital cameras. I will prob also wrap up with adding any extras about books and blogs for the boys to follow to help them continue their hobby. I am really glad that I have a month to prepare for both of these as they are the things that I am really still trying to master myself. I hope they will be as successful as the last 2 have been. I know that even if the boys dont get much from them, I will for sure. I have already learned a ton more than I already knew because I have taught them. Here's to lots more learning, and fun.

No comments: