Preston & I are going to be posting lots each this week, as we are both having our own set of adventures....
I am hoping to get the blog updated asap but have things on hold until our current computer drama is concluded - hopefully successfully (see below)
Many of you know that I am training for a triathlon. I have been taking the girls with me each day to be my buddy for the different events. Ceana & I have been getting up at 5AM to drive to the pool to swim. We swim laps and then do extras like resistance training in the river pool and stretching and ab workouts after. It has been good to have her be the one to pop into my room and tell me to get my rear in gear. I am taking Kaeli with me to do the biking. The other day we did our first big ride - we biked 12-15 miles all in one shot. She did a great job of keeping up with me, and I was impressed that I could really do the entire ride.
Last night we ended up on a spur-of-the-moment ride with one of the other tri-moms, out to an agricultural area just outside of the city - it was dusk..and anyone who knows country at that time of day means bug splatter - literally. We spent the whole ride trying not to talk because of the bugs that would get in our mouths. We laughed with each other as we swiped and shook and tried to dodge all the bugs that were apparently also enjoying the beautiful evening. Kaeli even had one bug go up her nose...we may be seriously re-thinking that route, or at least contemplating a different time of day to try it again...
This week I did my first trial run of the entire 3 events all at once. I did them all in about 4 hrs (with driving back/forth from the pool in between) I was so excited that I was able to actually do it all! I also should not have been surprised when all the expended energy knocked me on my backside and wiped me out resulting in a 4 hour nap (thank goodness for my rockin' girls).
Training is going better every day and I am even contemplating a July triathlon vs waiting until Sept...will have to wait and see if I can find more info...will keep everyone posted.
Our big drama this week has been that I am dead in the water at the moment with photography. I lost my hard drive over the weekend, with 2 years of my work and all of our family photos trapped on it. I took it into a local specialist on Monday AM. We got good news that stuff is at least transferring across from the hard drive, even though it is still not recognizable. The guy at the computer shop seemed optimistic that recovery is possible. Still hoping and praying that all of the data will be recovered safely. I am doing my best to stay calm and let Heavenly Father take care of it, but it is hard at times, esp knowing everything that is there, knowing all the photos that we can never replace. I am also having to keep current photos still on the camera because I have nowhere to download them to...We are hoping to hear some more good news in the next couple of days. Just an FYI - just heard from the computer guy and he called with good news that it looks like we have recovered most, if not all, my data. He is purchasing a new hard drive for me, and I will be going into the shop later today to look at everything with him and get things moved to the new hard drive. It is a wonderful miracle and a blessing and answers to fervert prayer.
Ceana had one of her ORCA friends pop in on us yesterday on the way to a family reunion. They had a blast playing games and music, and we got to meet Keenan’s mom and baby sisters. They were so cute and sweet. They have 7 kids in their family all at the same/close to ages of all of our kids. We had a great visit, and it seemed as if we have always known each other, even though we have only met for the first time. It is too bad that they live so far away(Central Point,4+ hours south of us). We will have to just write and call and FB as often as possible. They also have a daughter that is the same age as Kaeli and it sounds like they have a lot in common. She is also a student at ORCA, so Kaeli may find a new school/church friend if she is willing to make the effort…we got all their contact info so they can give it a go. It is fun for the kids to have made good friends with all of the changes that we have made in the last year. Hoping that Kaeli will find good friends throughout her school years.
The big kids are putting a video play together with the Jeffries kiddos (close friends of ours), and it has become quite the production. The boys get their faces painted, which Caiden is not thrilled about at all, but they seem to be having tons of fun. The kids are planning to get together again this week to do more “filming” including costumes and make up. It will be wonderful to get to see all their hard work in their cute little video. It is wonderfult that they all do fun things like this together and make such wonderful memories.
Kels' big adventure yesterday is that she got chewed up fruit snacks stuck in her hair. I used the old peanut butter trick (which freaked Kaeli out) and got it all out thankfully. Kaeli got her through the bath and between the two we seem to have gotten it all out of her hair for sure. Will have to be sure to supervise her a little more closely next time. I was glad the PB worked so we didn’t have to cut her hair…
She continues to amaze me with her vocabulary and antics. She is spitting out new words EVERY day, things I have never heard her say before, and in full sentences. She is just a little sponge. She had me laughing so hard this morning as she stood here at my desk, in just a diaper, holding a naked Barbie in her hand and singing. It was the "Princess & Pauper" Barbie that sings the songs from the movie. Apparently she has picked up the songs quite well - she danced and sang with the music and knew almost all the words. I wish I had a video camera to capture all these little spontaneous moments....it was quite hysterical.
Another fun adventure has been that the 3 big girls (JaNay, Ceana & Kaeli) all got their hair cut together last week. Kaeli's birthday morning was spent with her sister and her best friend getting their hair cut SHORT. Kaeli & JaNay donated their hair to Locks of Love. Ceana got a fun new style and will be waiting patiently for hers to grow a few more inches so she can donate hers too. I will be sure to post picts (thankfully still on the camera) as soon as i can get them downloaded somewhere safe.
I have been designated as the unofficial exec secretary for bishop. Part of Preston's responsibilities each week is to get the ward bulletin ready to roll. Tues night we were at the building and I got a crash course in the techy side of that job. Thankfully, I was able to reproduce the same results on my own (that doesnt usually happen without ALOT of help) and the bulletin is all squared away for sunday - whew! I was able to get the bulletins printed and folded pretty quick, because caiden was there helping me get them all done. We almost left the building without the whole batch – apparently the copier had spit out more copies when I thought we were done. Caiden mentioned that the stack didn’t look like 80, so I started counting, and he was right. We ran back into the library, wondering if it had run out of paper and I didn’t realize – was just that they had finished printing and I hadn’t gathered them all up. If it wasnt for him, I would have had to make another trip, or start over sunday AM....
I have been pursuing an amazing business opportunity. Things seem to be falling into place and it seems to be the right decision. We are still trying to work out the financial end of things, but hoping that will also fall into place. With this opportunity may come a wonderful chance to help my photo business to grow and to finally get myself out into the community. I will keep updates coming as I have all the pieces ready to roll.
We have been "beaten" on by Wendy and Drew this week too. Wendy was able to come to us at the house and then we tweaked the schedule and got in to see Drew (our friend who is a chiropracter). Last week I biked, went horseback riding and sneezed all in the same day. I know you are thinking "you sneezed?" - but it was really weird - I sneezed and threw something out in my back - it was NOT cool. I definitely had more stuff out of whack – bones and muscles in spasm mode. Wendy worked out the kinks in my muscles, and Drew put bones back into place. Colton was also very out of sorts too – Drew was really surprised/concerned that he had so many things were out of place. He for sure wants to see me next week, and colton in 2 weeks. We will be seeing Wendy weekly again for awhile too. She also worked on Ceana. She has been very emotional and still not sleeping. She went off the deep end about 5am the other morning, after having not slept all night. Wendy's magic hands and inspired gifts helped her a ton and she is sleeping better and feeling better too.
Well, guess that is all for now - little boys and Kels are chomping at the bit to join our friends for a park outing and lunch at our local school. I will be sure to post lots more in the coming days and hopefully will get to do LOTS of catch up when I get the hard drive back and there will be all our wonderful photos to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment