Kels has been spouting off with a gazillion things recently and I have not done a good job at getting them written down - going to try to add a few here
"You dont help me" - at first I thought she was coming to me with this to tell me I was not staying on the ball to help her - since hearing her say it more often it is actually indicating that "I did it by myself" - her telling me that I didnt need to help her becasuse she did it..
"Dee Hep Me" - pretty self explanitory - "please help me" - the trick with this one is for me or someone to respond to her quickly and praise her. Without the quick jump on the use of these words in her inside voice results in her repeating herself with her pitch increasing with every repeat. We have been working on what an "inside" voice is.
"pa pa" - which is her word for popcorn - which we have come to find out she cannot tolerate either. We get major blowout diapers for a couple of days even if she eats a little bit. Too bad too, because she for sure knows what it is and that she wants some
"peeza" - pizza - another food we are struggling with. She also cant have dairy - which is plastered on pizza. She is not real keen about feta so we try to be creative with her pizza and try to leave the cheese off. She is getting wise to our tricks though which is making our brains have to keep thinking more creatively
"wardee" - which she says as she signs the word milk - which is funny because she really does want water - it is just really hard for her to sign. She tries to flip her hand the wrong way with her pinky at her chin instead of her pointer finger. I think for the most part we have all figured out what this sound is, it is a work in progress
"moni chee" - macaroni & cheese - one her most fave foods right now. She can make quite a mess of herself too - such to the point that kaeli has taken to strip her down to her diaper. She ends up with it all over her face, in her hair, on her tummy & diaper, etc and usually requires a bath when she is done.
"ABC's" one of the kids' fave DVD is one we were given from preston's brother. It is filled with silly songs that include ABC's in varying forms. She LOVES watching it and has learned to say her ABC's already. Often when saying them with her, she will say the next letter before I will. She also has fave letters that she already knows and recognizes - "T", "O", "M", and sometimes "H" - no matter where we are she can always find these. It is funny to listen to her try to say them all whenever she sees letters (on clothes, in a book, etc) she knows they are letters, and she is trying to figure them out. Pretty smart for how little she still is.
"dar" - her word for star - which is one shape she seems to always recognize.
"I don't like you!" which she has apparently picked up from her brothers - and uses when they are not being very nice to her...it put Kaeli into hysterics when she spouted it off in sacrament meeting yesterday.
Her 2 new fave movies/shows are "Barbie Princess & Pauper" and "Go Diego" - both of which she has picked up the music very specifically. She is able to sing the songs almost word for word already, even though she doesnt watch them often. She is also doing a "bobble-head" doll thing anytime she hears music. Wish I had a video camera to capture all her funny things...
More and more often she is using complete sentences - even if her words are not complete. I find her doing the same thing Ky did - saying a partial word - whatever syllable that she is hearing. We are understanding her tons more even if she isnt able to say everything yet.
Ky has also thrown out a couple of whoppers too -
Yesterday he was trying to tell me about a new game that Kaeli was trying to teach us. I knew the game was called "statues" but I kept hearing him say "roller" - I was not understanding him and he got frustrated with me and finally threw up his hands and said "the fweeze game!" with a look on his face that just screamed "come on mom, get with the program!" I just busted out laughing. To which he rolled his eyes and walked away with an "ugh!" Which made me laugh more.
We have been having a hard time with the boys having "potty" mouths - which I havent been able to figure out because that kind of thing is not used or tolerated at home. The boys are not very many other places around kiddos who would use that language either. It has me really stumped and I am having a hard time breaking them of the habit. The latest ones we have had to curb have included bodily functions and have been getting harder to break. Hoping to find some answers very soon vs sending boys to their room...
Today I think my hearing is just having a problem - What Ky said - Sesame Street - I heard "missionary street"
More often than not, Ky & Kels both keep us in stitches because of their antics and current vocabulary. Good to have them around to look at the world through their eyes and with their wonder. It seems on the days when I really need it most one of them pops off with something that just makes me hysterical. Dont know what I would do without either of them - we have our very rough days - but for all the challenges I think they bring as much, and usually more joy to our family than the struggles we go through.
1 comment:
I love the missionary street. Too cute. It is hard to understand them some times. It probably is not you.
Thanks for sharing all the cute things they say. It reminds me of those days that seem so far gone.
Denise
Post a Comment