Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Officially Discharged

This last week has been very discouraging for me. I have been in a lot of pain because of my back, and because of an extra nasty migraine that hit me out of nowhere. I have also discovered yet another over the counter med that I cant tolerate in the process. I am down to just regular ibuprofen and tylenol. Neither helped with severe pain this last week/weekend, which left me struggling and the big girls in charge more often than I would have liked.

I met with my PT specialist today, and I was looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with PT at the pool. I was hoping to make a good plan, but it seems that plan is not to be.

I am still without a personal physician. I finally bit the bullet and filled out the paperwork for a local doctor's office. He comes highly recommended. My concerns are that he does not accept our insurance, and he works exclusively with Salem Hospital. Even still, I am being led in this direction, and today I decided to obey and stop procrastinating.

Without a physician, or a record of any PT progress in the last several weeks, I will no longer be able to go to PT. My specialist felt like we have done everything possible, and I think that he was as discouraged as I was today that we have not been able to make more progress or reduce my pain concerns. His recommend is to pursue a neurosurgeon or orthepedic specialist. Again, hard to do without a personal doctor to make the referrals. He is concerned that there still may be underlying concerns - things that didnt show up on xrays or the MRI. He is discouraged he cant make those referalls for me. So am I.

There seems to still be a lot of unanswered questions, and nowhere right now to turn for answers. So, I guess I will wait, and try to be patient. I feel like I am supposed to see this local physician, and I am trying to set aside my concerns and fears. There is too much change happening all at once again.....I am never good with changes.....just have to keep trying to do my best.

No comments: