Monday, October 4, 2010

FUNNY GIRL

Kels upon waking up today came and found me in the office, and the first thing out of her was "I eat lunch" to which I introduced the word breakfast. "I eat breakfast. Syrup?" (she has recently discovered the joy of pancakes and syrup)

To which I replied no syrup because I dont have anything to put it on. Without missing a beat she asked "pancake?" To which I replied no pancakes today, how about PBJ? "peabutter jam syrup? (as she pointed to the fridge) I repeated to her no syrup, and that I didnt have any. To which she pointed towards the kitchen (intending her little finger to point at the fridge), and more emphatically said "syrup!" This kid may grow up to be a lawyer!

She knew full well that I DID have syrup and right where it was, what she didnt understand was the "yes there is syrup, but no you cant have any today". Usually when she wants to make her point she raises her voice to high pitched volume, and I try to not let it get to that point. We were almost there today though. It is a bit challenging to have a rational conversation with a 2yr old....

We found her PB&J biscuit left over from yesterday (she LOVES putting things in baggies lately too and then being able to open them) and she is happily parked in front of DUMBO. Silly girl is quite the little character at times. Dont know what we would ever do without her.

No comments: