Tuesday, June 1, 2010

NOT SO JOYFUL MOMENTS

1) Being beside myself with little boys who are bent on pounding each other to a pulp and destroying the house in the process, and being completely clueless about life in general....sometimes I wonder if I am ever going to survive these boys (and a baby sister who follows in their ill chosen paths)

2) A suburban that I love and hate at the same time. This was our misadventure today - went out to go get ceana from school only to have the dumb thing not start. We had it in the shop last week for something that was supposed to be fixed the time before that. I think this will be the 4th or 5th time we have had to take it in - for mostly different things dying - in the 2 months we have owned it....this is going to be another big "cha ching" hit to the family budget....we will most likely not have it back until the weekend when I told them I HAVE to have it back no matter what....
I have a friend who is going through some similar circumstances with her suburban right now too. We chatted this morning and she mentioned that having no car means practicing the family exercise program - and I replied "I know, I know, practicing to exercise faith and patience, etc" (she is always the one to give those kinds of encouraging comments) and she said "uh, no, I meant EXERCISE" (implying kids & I biking, walking, etc) We both laughed over that one, and that we can "feel each other's pain" in our current life's similar situations.


Doing my best to clean out everything essential to life before it was taken away. That was harder than it sounds since we live in that thing and there was an extra huge pile of stuff to go into the house, including a 2nd trip to get cars seats out


3) Weather that cant make up its bloomin' mind. One minute it is torrential downpour - and the next it is beautiful (though still overcast) and 60 degrees. The weather has wreaked havoc with our last 2 outdoor activity plans. Even though it is dry, the sky is still filled with threatening clouds, the wind blows and the temperature hovers around 45-50 degrees. Plants and flowers are blooming late, bees are not about and pollentating anything that has or is blooming, and it is still too wet and cold to even think about planting our garden...I REALLY need some sunshine - soon!

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

So nice when there's someone going through the same thing at the same time--kind of a little tender mercy. Sorry you're having hard times. I'm sooo with you on the weather thing. Urgh!!! Summer will get here eventually, right? Hope things get to looking up for you soon.