Monday, May 3, 2010

Triathlon FB Conversations

Triathlon FB Conversations....this stuff has just made me laugh out loud...so I thought I would keep a running journal of some interactions with the other sisters...(Apr/May 2010)

*"Over hill, over dale....poor Dale" - I just love that line from one of our Peanuts movies...poor little Re-run is destined to sit on the back of his mom's bike while she crashes and swerves and, you get the idea....that was totally me last night...BUT - Elizabeth and I DID IT!!! Woot for us! It was a slow start, but we rocked (and wobbled, and swerved, and ran stop signs...) hahaha. Actually, for a first run in the wind and rain, we didnt do bad at all. We got our 45 minutes in and we finished the job! I am feeling it now though...oh my, I didnt realize I had muscles in all those different places...LOL. We are off to a great start - thanx again Elizabeth for being my training buddy - you are the BEST!

*Must....learn....to....ride....aaaahhhh! Watch out for that tree, the gutter, that car, the curb, the garbage can....aaaaahhhh! The wheel is connected to the gear, sprocket, whats-it, huh? Pedal, steer, pay attention, oh, and ya, it might be a good idea to learn to STOP - I think my brain is going to explode.....and my backside is going to be VERY sore...

*I got some unexpected training in today - I chased a cow...literally....remind me to share the story next time we chat....(running commentary below)
Commentary 1 - hmmmm Ox in the mire sort of...or Cow on the loose....same thing......You will have to fill us in....
Commentary 2 - HOLY COW.....HAHAHAHAHAH
Commentary 3 - ...that was utterly funny on your part....
Commentary 4 (after I explained my cow story) - That is one of the best stories I have read on FB...my favorite part was visualizing you chasing a cow around (I bet you did not have a smiley face on) with a 2x4 and then a rubber hose.....Rory....how is it that we have been in the same ward all these years and I did not realize you were such a cow hater!!!!! Rory, you are the best! Good luck with your bike ride tomorrow....
Commentary 5 - The bike thing could be very scary....Preston spent a good 1/2 hr with me tonight trying to teach me to ride...it was NOT a pretty sight. I will be lucky to stay alive long enough to compete in Sept...uuuhhhhgggg!
Commentary 6 - We left the bike in 1st gear, so at least your demise won't be due to speeding. Commentary 7 - I'm not a cow hater - I LOVE cows.....well done, with a yummy marinade sauce....heaped with lettuce and tomato and a side of fries....with special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun....oh, wait, I am allergic to cheese and bread now...rats...how about falling to pieces and drowned in BBQ sauce with biscuits or corn bread? Oh yeah!

*You know how we all keep hearing about Big Foot.... but nobody REALLY believes he is real????? I'm starting to wonder if....(inserrt sister's name here) is his sister!!! I've heard all about her, there have even been sightings, but alas I have yet to capture her in my sights!(running commentary below)
Commentary 1 - BTW, the swim this a.m. was great! It was awsome to meet Rory (clearly not a big foot realtive) and practice the whole face-in-the-water thing!
Commentary 2 - ...hmmm isn't Big Foot kind of stinky too....hmmmmmm I must dispel these thoughts you have of me that I big, hairy, stinky, and running/walking/biking/swimming naked through the Northwest woods...
Commentary 3 - you must be a VERY distant cousin... that is, if you really exsist!!! LOL! Oh, and I know you're not run'n in you're b-day suit.... we already established you wear your fancy pants swirt!!!
Commentary 4 - I got to meet (sister #1) tonight!!! I am in love!!!!!! You are such a cute heart....And I love your enthusiasm and you have not even done a triathlon yet....I am excited you are doing the shirts. I will take an X-small cause no doubt that's what I will be wearing come. Sept. It was such an awsome meeting
Commentary 5 - (sister #2) is REAL!!! I just knew I was gonna luv her....I was right! And YES, I would love, love, love to go on "tour" with ya! We could go to each of the wards an tell 'em that if a 55 yr old lady and a over-weight chica-a-dee with heart problems can do this thing.... so can they!!! ...and I saw her face.....now I'm a believer...
Commentary 6 - Uh....a 55 year old who is also a chubblious babe(your forgot that part)....with white hair...Hey and my daughter lives in Pasadena...I am...The little old lady from Pasadena...sort of... Ok so what should we call our group while we are on tour the Tri-ettes... Tri-hohos Tri-Ho Tri-Ho, it's off to work we go..... Tri-fecta Tri-angle Tri-round Tri-saying that to my face sweetie...I'll send Rory after ya with a 2x4...Ok (sister #1) now you give it a tri.... : )

No comments: